GDT: #53 - 02/05/18 | rangers @ stars | 8:30 - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
**** that, I hope they lose every game for the rest of the season so AV is gone for sure and they get the best chance at the #1 overall.

All in for Dahlin!
See but I'm realistic that won't happen. With Hank and how cursed this team is they wind up with the 9th or 10th pick at best while missing the playoffs. There is no way we are getting Zadina, Dahlen or Svechnikov. Coach will be gone after the season either way. This is a deep very talented draft so IMO it won't matter much if we draft 10th,11th,12th vs 17, 18th,etc.
It would be nice to grab a couple more firsts via trades because there could be some impact players in the 20-25 range as well.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
With the long term injuries and the impending sale of important pieces, I think it's entirely plausible that this team finishes in the bottom 5-7.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
With the long term injuries and the impending sale of important pieces, I think it's entirely plausible that this team finishes in the bottom 5-7.
I think 8-10 is way more realistic. I don't think any of those atlantic teams (thats 5 crappy teams right there) are even average enough to pass us by seasons end but we shall see. Who knows even about the Canes and flyers. Those Teams that have their issues as well. Oil, canucks and coyotes will continue the tank job because all they have there is a losing culture pretty much.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
I think 8-10 is way more realistic. I don't think any of those atlantic teams (thats 5 crappy teams right there) are even average enough to pass us by seasons end but we shall see. Who knows even about the Canes and flyers. Those Teams that have their issues as well. Oil, canucks and coyotes will continue the tank job because all they have there is a losing culture pretty much.

I agree 100%. If we had the option of locking ourselves into the 7th overall pick right now (pre-lottery), then I would take it in a heartbeat.

If it was so easy to stumble into a top 5 (pre-lottery) position while trying to make the playoffs for 2/3s of the season, then tanking wouldn't exist.

Reactions: bl02

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I didn't know a man had a cervix to strain. Is that tweet a joke?
Humans have cervical spines/vertebrae that are located up in the neck area. It's not a joke to call it a cervical strain.

cervical-strain.gif

Reactions: EpicDing and Krams

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Enjoy these lines courtesy of Stars writer Sean Shapiro. Don't know if we'll see this in warmups but that's how they skated this morning.

DVTzPfLXUAA0-3X.jpg:large

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Vinni Lettieri: from AHL to top-six. What was that song? Let the bodies hit the floor?

I kinda like the Scandinavian "first" line.

Reactions: Cheapshot and Krams

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
Enjoy these lines courtesy of Stars writer Sean Shapiro. Don't know if we'll see this in warmups but that's how they skated this morning.

DVTzPfLXUAA0-3X.jpg:large
Absolutely brutal, they're gonna be so much worse after the TDL too which is scary

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Looking forward to another game of Desharnais skating non-contact circles and making that one good pass from behind the net.

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
Absolutely brutal, they're gonna be so much worse after the TDL too which is scary
It's not even scary, I've embraced it. This was bound to happen at some point. We're in a good position to recoup some exciting assets, the next few weeks will be fun. The reason I'll still be tuning in every game is mostly to watch individual performances, DeAngelo and Buch particularly.

Reactions: aufheben

ZiGOODejad

intangibles
Nov 30, 2013
See but I'm realistic that won't happen. With Hank and how cursed this team is they wind up with the 9th or 10th pick at best while missing the playoffs. There is no way we are getting Zadina, Dahlen or Svechnikov. Coach will be gone after the season either way. This is a deep very talented draft so IMO it won't matter much if we draft 10th,11th,12th vs 17, 18th,etc.
It would be nice to grab a couple more firsts via trades because there could be some impact players in the 20-25 range as well.
wish we could fall early enough to land Tkachuk then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad