50 years ago, February 21, 1974: The death of Tim Horton

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY

Just thought it deserved its own thread on the anniversary of his death. I remember being a little guy and sick from school that day. I also have a vague recollection of listening to their next game against the Atlanta Flames.

Continue to RIP, Tim Horton. You are not forgotten.

Reactions: HOOats

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016

Just thought it deserved its own thread on the anniversary of his death. I remember being a little guy and sick from school that day. I also have a vague recollection of listening to their next game against the Atlanta Flames.

In the early days you could go down in the Aud and watch the players come off the ice. That was before the screens and curtains, there was just a guy there. The year prior to his death he gave me a stick. He was immediately ascended to god-like status. RIP #2.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

First time I had to deal with death. I had a great uncle die a few weeks later. Always thought Tim looked like my father, was attached to him in that regard.

Moncton man

Jan 11, 2011
Moncton, NB
I was born in Hamilton and had been into the original store a few times. I don’t know if I remember him as a player I was 10 when he died. I do remember the accident because we moved to St Catharines two days after it happened so I think it stuck in my head because of my age and the proximity. Think I started watching hockey a couple of years later and fell in love with The Sabres for better or worse. RIP Tim

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad