GDT: #50|Tampa Forcing the Pens to Go Dark | Wed, Jan 30TH (8:00PM) PPG|NBCSN, SN, TVAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
60% of the time it works every time.
tenor.gif

Reactions: Bingo71

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
He actually is relatively better in the tunnel vision department with Malkin than he is with some others.

He gets out of Malkins way better than with Crosby. Since Crosby is the mucker on his line.

Rust does the dirty work and stays outta Malkins way, hopefully we can get a LW to put with them.

Run Pearson-xxx-Kessel on line 3

Reactions: KIRK

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Depends on what we do at 3C.

And how consistent Rust is at LW. Because I think he's better on the RW and the best call for Geno's RW.

And Ferland isn't exactly just more 'try hard'.

I've yet to see any evidence to support the idea that he's demonstrably better on RW, much as it's recited here as scripture.

Agreed about 3C. Ferland occupies something like that Rust/Pearson strata of skill, which isn't ideal for me but YMMV.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
It's more so the lack of creativity and tunnel vision that holds Rust back. His hands are good.

Also, his shot is wildly inconsistent
his hands are okay, but not great. He doesn't take passes all that cleanly and as you said his shot is all over the place.n I'm just saying his hands aren't how he earns his paycheck.

Reactions: KIRK

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
He gets out of Malkins way better than with Crosby. Since Crosby is the mucker on his line.

Rust does the dirty work and stays outta Malkins way, hopefully we can get a LW to put with them.

Run Pearson-xxx-Kessel on line 3

Gonna be funny when JR trades for Ferland . . . and Staal. Or if not funny, then something . . .

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I've yet to see any evidence to support the idea that he's demonstrably better on RW, much as it's recited here as scripture.

Agreed about 3C. Ferland occupies something like that Rust/Pearson strata of skill, which isn't ideal for me but YMMV.

To me he is, especially with Malkin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad