Post-Game Talk: 50 for Matthews as Leafs Win in Arizona

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
McMann’s on a heater… tons of confidence right now

What I like is that he’s always brought that level of speed and tenacity when he’s in the line up. Now he’s getting his scoring touch.

What is encouraging is that he has been a producer in the AHL, and he’s shown a decent skill set, so I like his potential to sustain production to be an effective top 9 piece

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Was pumped for the game and was dead to the world by 10:15.

Missed the whole thing but glad to see McMann score again and Liljegren having a good game.

Is it possible Keefe is learning to let young players actually play.

Very much happy to see Kerfloof failed to do anything that ex-Leaf players tend to do against us, which is break our backs.

Guy is so vanilla and Dubas moved Heaven on Earth to keep this schmoe. Total blind spot.

Congratulations Matthews.
Hmmm not quite! He picked up an assist and won me $120 since I bet on him to get a point. So that is his greatest accomplishment to this team and I thank him.

• Haha
Reactions: LeafSteel

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Marner was the best player on the ice period, everything he touched was magic

All the Arizona players our board wants to trade for looked terrible. Mcbain crouse and bugstad all looked meh.
I hope we don’t trade Robertson. The kid has soft hands.
You can teach somebody to skate and pass but you can’t teach IQ and soft hands.( just watch kampf)
Yep, I hope and pray that Treliving stays far away from even thinking about acquiring Dumba !!!

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Everyone needs to calm down about the 5-0 without Rielly. They played Blues, Flyers, Ducks, Blues, and ASU

Next 3 games are Knights, Avs, Knights and Theodore is back for the Knights.

Going 0-3 with the big 3 going scoreless wont be a surprise no matter whos playing defense, but I can just see the people freaking out now and be like healthy scratch Morgan.

It's going to be infuriating I can see it now

A team that is on a 10 game losing streak is a dangerous team ... they aren't going to lose forever.

Reactions: hoglund and Tlo1

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Jarnkrok, Bertuzzi, Domi, Reaves, Kamph: 14.35M combined cap hit.
28 goals in total this year.
McMann, Knies, Robertson, Holmberg: 3.29M combined cap hit.
29 goals in total this year.

Ya, there's more to it than just goals, but jeez :rolleyes:
So maybe it is possible to put together a championship team with our core 4 but the rest of the money has to be distributed very well. However, you’re not going to hit on every signing, no one does. What’s more important is developing a culture where the team shows up every night, skates as well as they did last night, takes a minimum number of nights “off”, right coaching decisions made etc. I even liked his seething on the bench during boneheaded plays or bizarre ref calls.

Keefe did a good job managing that game. Players in the right places, proper roster played, wise timeout called, minute distribution spread out, etc.

Reactions: Al14

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Nylander not taking any shit is a welcome sign, now it’s Marner’s turn. And what’s wrong with Durzi, he is so unhinged all the time?
He is obviously still pissed that our Leafs traded him. He might not stick too long on the desert dogs either.

Reactions: arso40

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Great to see McMann step up with secondary scoring as you guys say ... like JT on 3rd line with McMann .. team plays much better when Willy gets more involved with a guy like Domi who can skate with Willy .. and Bert to muscle people around makes a good solid 2nd line

Line 1 was all around amazing again

But Benoit omg this kid is continuing to play outstanding D .. i mean super outstanding D .. i had no idear how good this kid is .. he seems to be uppping his game game by game .. d*mn maybe he is becoming a top 4 D .. McCabe also playing his best all season long .. and Lily seems to play better when moved up lineup .. maybe all we need is a partner for Rielly now .. i like Tanev as Rielly needs da right guy with him .. Tanev for Minten, Topi and a 3rd rounder lets go Tree

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Great to see McMann step up with secondary scoring as you guys say ... like JT on 3rd line with McMann .. team plays much better when Willy gets more involved with a guy like Domi who can skate with Willy .. and Bert to muscle people around makes a good solid 2nd line

Line 1 was all around amazing again

But Benoit omg this kid is continuing to play outstanding D .. i mean super outstanding D .. i had no idear how good this kid is .. he seems to be uppping his game game by game .. d*mn maybe he is becoming a top 4 D .. McCabe also playing his best all season long .. and Lily seems to play better when moved up lineup .. maybe all we need is a partner for Rielly now .. i like Tanev as Rielly needs da right guy with him .. Tanev for Minten, Topi and a 3rd rounder lets go Tree
Yep, let's get Tanev to keep Klingberg company on the LTIR. Sure, Tanev's health has improved, however I don't trust that he won't go down with an injury shortly after being acquired.

I'd prefer going after Schenn, with retention of course. There is also no need to lose Minten when a 3rd rounder should do to acquire Schenn. He is a already a proven commodity playing with Rielly !!!

JMHO.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Yep, let's get Tanev to keep Klingberg company on the LTIR. Sure, Tanev's health has improved, however I don't trust that he won't go down with an injury shortly after being acquired.

I'd prefer going after Schenn, with retention of course. There is also no need to lose Minten when a 3rd rounder should do to acquire Schenn. He is a already a proven commodity playing with Rielly !!!

JMHO.
He's missed 20 games the last four seasons.... so five games per season.... hardly the risk he was during his Vancouver days.

Meanwhile, Schenn has missed 19 games this season alone...

Reactions: SprDaVE

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Lmao feels f***ing great, Matthews hits 51, Leafs 5-0 in dominant fashion. All the Sens fans that were parading on the mains have gone back into hiding :laugh: not a sound from any of them.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Tanev for Minten, Topi and a 3rd rounder lets go Tree
That is a very high price for a 34 year old UFA defender.
Cap has to be accounted for, Leafs don't have space for Tanev.

I'm not getting that excited about this current streak.

It does have my interest peaked for their defensive line-up next year, when Brodie's not getting $5mm Cap hit, and they've auditioned several potential candidates. Now they have to determine which ones might enter the line-up permanently.

I do think 1 top 2 defender would do wonders though.

Last edited:

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018

JMHO.
I am ok with Schenn too but not for 3 more years .. Brodie and Rielly is a very weak defensive pair and it will get badly exposed in playoffs .. and maybe trade i proposed is too much for tanev .. so throw in Kampf and delete da pick to help out on da CAP hit .. Holmberg is already a better player at a much cheaper hit so Kampf is only a CAP dump .. Topi is nothing special on Marlies in 3 games I have seen at Coke arena -- Lily is far better player already on our roster .. so basically we are giving up Minten who eventually will be an nhl 3rd line LWer

Reactions: Tlo1

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
I havent seen it mentioned, but that Robertson shot on the disallowed goal was god dam beautiful, Twop strong strides, snap shot top shelf. to bad i think it was Tavares that was about a foot offside lol, not even close.

Reactions: Tlo1

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
I havent seen it mentioned, but that Robertson shot on the disallowed goal was god dam beautiful, Twop strong strides, snap shot top shelf. to bad i think it was Tavares that was about a foot offside lol, not even close.
It was Lajoie but I agree, great shot. Too bad cause I think he has been playing extremely well lately and deserves to be rewarded.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Yay yay, but Bert and Domi are not responsible enough defensively like Kerfoot…
There are times I wish that Kerfoot returned for league min.

He would help the PK and late in games.

Also we could all shake our head when he missed the empty net

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Boy that arena sucks for TV, the camera angle is awful, the puck is tiny and the lighting leaves shadows everywhere.
And that puke Bettman won't move this franchise to Canada where it would likely sell out every game night with the available 18,000 seat NHL arenas.

Reactions: notDatsyuk

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
I think Robertson has been terrific lately. Too bad he couldn't be rewarded last night. I also thought he was superb in the home game vs. St. Louis but just couldn't get anything to go. There's still the question of if he can hold up as well as be a playoff player. But pacing about 40 points per 82 with limited minutes, I think is pretty good.

He's no longer in the quad A/trade him for essentially nothing to give him an opportunity player anymore. He's proven he's more.

Reactions: stickty111 and Tlo1

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
I think Robertson has been terrific lately. Too bad he couldn't be rewarded last night. I also thought he was superb in the home game vs. St. Louis but just couldn't get anything to go. There's still the question of if he can hold up as well as be a playoff player. But pacing about 40 points per 82 with limited minutes, I think is pretty good.

He's no longer in the quad A/trade him for essentially nothing to give him an opportunity player anymore. He's proven he's more.
Also a positive Keefe is slowly trusting him more

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad