OT: 50,000 Posts

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I don't usually do this kind of thing, but 50,000 posts is kind of a silly amount.

A lot of great people around here over the years, I'm not going to single anyone out and then miss out on someone else, but it's been a blast following the Senators with you folks for over a decade.

Some of the highlights (that I can remember):

-Jim O'Brien vs. Max Pacioretty
-Daniel Alfredsson for Craig Conroy
-Gail Forsberg
-THIO GDT schedule thread
-Parade Planning Committee (PPC)
-Sarcasm - that sweet sweet Ottawa sarcasm
-Filip Kuba, Tank Commander
-I 'Aint Even Mad / Pesky Sens
-Who is the best RW? Hossa? Havlat? Alfredsson?
-Sens Goat of the Game
-Game Stats Threads
-Brandon Bochenski for Calder (and ends up getting his own trophy)
-Sens > NHL
-Playoff avatars (you creative folks have come up with great ones over the years)
-All the line-ups with superstar Alexei Kaigorodov pencilled in as #2 C
-the HF meet at MacLaren's which happened to be the game where Emery fought Peters

Thanks for making being a Senators fan bearable even at the worst of times!

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
And Thank You for staying connected and being able to filter all of the content that posts by.

50K is a testament to dedication for sure.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I don't usually do this kind of thing, but 50,000 posts is kind of a silly amount.

A lot of great people around here over the years, I'm not going to single anyone out and then miss out on someone else, but it's been a blast following the Senators with you folks for over a decade.

Some of the highlights (that I can remember):

-Jim O'Brien vs. Max Pacioretty
-Daniel Alfredsson for Craig Conroy
-Gail Forsberg
-THIO GDT schedule thread
-Parade Planning Committee (PPC)
-Sarcasm - that sweet sweet Ottawa sarcasm
-Filip Kuba, Tank Commander
-I 'Aint Even Mad / Pesky Sens
-Who is the best RW? Hossa? Havlat? Alfredsson?
-Sens Goat of the Game
-Game Stats Threads
-Brandon Bochenski for Calder (and ends up getting his own trophy)
-Sens > NHL
-Playoff avatars (you creative folks have come up with great ones over the years)
-All the line-ups with superstar Alexei Kaigorodov pencilled in as #2 C
-the HF meet at MacLaren's which happened to be the game where Emery fought Peters

Thanks for making being a Senators fan bearable even at the worst of times!

These two were great. Also, the hitchhiking thread was fantastic and one of my favorite threads was the one guy on the main boards who was serious about Volchenkov achieving 70pts in a season. Oh, Alfie nachos was another classic.

We should give you a nice little ceremony. Someone will draw your name with your avatar beneath it and frame it, and we will then present you with a golden mouse. After that nice moment we will immediately start to ***** you're old and senile and need to stop posting as you're dragging down this boards roster and taking up space that a younger poster could fill in.

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
I get a database error when I try to search your previous posts.

I guess that's how you know you've made it.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Also, the hitchhiking thread was fantastic and one of my favorite threads was the one guy on the main boards who was serious about Volchenkov achieving 70pts in a season. Oh, Alfie nachos was another classic.

LOL, Alfie eating nachos while his friend and teammate, Anton Volchenkov, is lying injured on the ice.

FOR SHAME!

(Clearly he was eating in an effort to regain his strength)

The other two were great too.

After that nice moment we will immediately start to ***** you're old and senile and need to stop posting as you're dragging down this boards roster and taking up space that a younger poster could fill in.

As you should.

You hear me, Chris Neil? (I'm just joshing you Chris).

Half-joshing.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
Parade Planning Committee (PPC) was fun partly because that is the year the Sens went to the Finals and its funny to look back at all the excitement and also all the dashed hopes and despair along the way.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Parade Planning Committee (PPC) was fun partly because that is the year the Sens went to the Finals and its funny to look back at all the excitement and also all the dashed hopes and despair along the way.

That was a wild season.

Out of the playoffs at Christmas, our 3 top centres injured (Spezza, Fisher, Vermette) and somehow we rallied.

Kelly centres Alfredsson and Heatley and Dany ends up as NHL player of the month for January.

Reminds me a bit of the Pesky Sens year and last season as well.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
What was your first post

Fire Bryan Murray.

;)

Actually, I don't remember. I had been a lurker for awhile as well. I used to post on Yahoo Groups as well as the International Hockey Forums and the IHWC.net forums during the World Championships.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
And yet after 50,000+ posts you don't come across as a condescending know-it-all, even though of all people you have earned the right to be like that! :handclap:

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
giphy.gif

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Hitchhiker Thread is definitely amongst the best things I've ever witnessed on the internet

Here's to you NyQuil!

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Damn Omni! I got here more than a year before you and you're crushing me in post counts.

I'm not very iconic though :(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad