Post-Game Talk: #5| New York Islanders @ Pittsburgh Penguins | May 24th | 7:30 PM | F/2OTW 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
come on people...a few games is not enough to unhinge Varly from the starter position.

Varly's been amazing all year and has 2 bad games and everyone is saying he's over the hill..wtf?
BEING bad and PLAYING bad are two different things

Varlamov is a very good goaltender, but lately has been in a funk

At this particular moment, Sorokin clearly gives this team the best chance to win

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
Varly is fantastic. I think he'll adjust to more of a backup role nicely if he's in a good situation. He really didn't want to leave Denver despite Grubauer coming in, so he's not one to make waves if he's not the #1.

Lehner/Greiss split starts 43/39 so I think you’d be looking at something similar

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
come on people...a few games is not enough to unhinge Varly from the starter position.

Varly's been amazing all year and has 2 bad games and everyone is saying he's over the hill..wtf?

Well I’m not saying that, but a coach would lose the room if he didn’t start Sorokin Wednesday. And he’d have to get injured or fall flat on his face to not start him whenever the game after that is.

Axel574

Dec 9, 2015
Anyone been to one of the most recent islander games at the Coliseum?

want to know if they’ll let me in if I got my second Pfizer vaccination shot 13.5 days from the point of Wednesday nights puck drop.
Just put some white out on your card... The easiest, forgeable "official document" in history. Lol

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island

4XMbCvX.jpg

Axel574

Dec 9, 2015
Not to take anything away from Bailey when he's the guy that scored the goal, but suffice to say I'm glad the play was kind of broken and he shot it later than he probably originally intended.
It was broken because he was hooked from behind.. pens double f***ed themselves. Ha

JKP

Sep 19, 2004
Halifax, NS
I hope Pierre McGuire is ok. He sounded so depressed we won :) :) :) :) :) :)
I really can’t stand that guy. So glad he’s not on Canadian tv any more. Although he does seem very much in love with Pelech. Seeing for the first time what the rest of us have seen for a couple years…

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau
Illya seems to really respond to high pressure situations, consistently looked calm cool and collected and knows how to always be in good position. He’s finally arrived and it’s been awesome to watch

Reactions: buud

Zeeker

Feb 15, 2016
Illya seems to really respond to high pressure situations, consistently looked calm cool and collected and knows how to always be in good position. He’s finally arrived and it’s been awesome to watch
I guess you could say... it’s a shame he was toiling away in Russia all those years. He’s finally unleashed and it’s quite something.

Duanesutter12

Member of Lou's Orchestra
Jul 8, 2013
Hong Kong
BEING bad and PLAYING bad are two different things

Varlamov is a very good goaltender, but lately has been in a funk

At this particular moment, Sorokin clearly gives this team the best chance to win
It's the White Whale's show from here on out! He is too talented not to ride and he can steal you a cup ala Hasek, Thomas or Binnington. And he's way better than Thomas or Binnington!

Reactions: nyisleslover

Zeeker

Feb 15, 2016
He does sound like Dangle a bit, but man is he awful. He's not too bad when he's just doing routine play by play but his big moment calls are always cringeworthy.
I agree, but the Buffalo guy Rick Jeannerette has a similar sound with the cracking voice on big goals but everyone seems to love him.

Reactions: MikeyMike01
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad