Post-Game Talk: #5| New York Islanders @ Boston Bruins | June 7th | 6:30 PM | F/W 5-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Cybaby Cassidy:

1) I got 20 more scoring chances
2) I got 41 more shot attempts
3) I got 24 more shots on net
4) I gave up 3 PP goals to one of the worse PP teams in the league
5) Penalty minutes and power plays are now even for the series
6) I had to pull my starting goalie

Blame the refs waaaaaahhhhhhh

not really does boil down to this. Good breakdown.

Reactions: Thrasymachus

Tahoeblue

Nov 29, 2019
Reno/Tahoe
A Bruin laying on the ice literally grabbed and hauled Beau down and that whiny bitch has the gall to complain about not getting calls lol
Yep- you are so right. It was on the far side boards and it looked like the Bruin player dragged him down and got their legs twisted. I was shocked Beau wasn't hurt!!!

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Incredible game.

They're in trouble with Rask hurt and confidence down.

I love how Barry made some changes to counter their home ice line changes.

Isles depth winning out so far.

B's getting nothing from their botton 6 and their D 3-6 < Isles 3-6 and as good as their top 2 D are, I'd take Pelly and Pulock over them. They've quietly been one of the league's top pairings for the last 3 years.

Huge faceoff win for Casey over Bergeron near the end. Just love this team.
If Rask wasn't 100% why did Cassidy start him tonight?

Bruce Cassidy, the Bruins problems are of your own making!

Reactions: Mr Misunderstood

Duanesutter12

Member of Lou's Orchestra
Jul 8, 2013
Hong Kong
Moving onto Wednesday -

Pageau playing with Beau and Bailey - was Brilliant.
I wonder if he starts with that combo - I trust JGP against that top line.

And for all the Marchand hate - If Beau is ever going to be a top line and elite winger - he should watch Marchand - I hate the piss out of him, but he is a helluva hockey player.
Interesting about Beau and Marchand. On that first goal Marchand took the puck away against the boards like the school yard bully does the weak kid's candy. It got me thinking, Beau actually has a lot of Marchand in his game but the difference is strength. Marchand is uber strong and that's what's missing from Beau's game right now.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
They were much better in game 4, thought that was the best overall performance of this series. Tonight, another story. They really had no business winning, but timely saves, timely defensive stops, and maximizing their scoring chances were the difference. Going to have to play much better Weds to close this out.

Mayfield has been very good this series, a lot of subtle defensive plays and he's minimized his turnovers.

Barzal is finally doing what a franchise player should come the playoffs. He needs to keep shooting, and Beau has to start shooting. Beau had another point-blank chance in the slot where he dished it off to Dobson.

Reactions: MJF and FourRings

dlawong

Nov 24, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
I think too that it is great that 44 gets recognized for what he brings each game and get a chance to play with 18 and 12. 29 to me is still a bit soft for someone his size and he also miss defensive assignment sometimes in his own zone. When 29 is on his game though it really helps this team so hopefully he can step up more next game.

Still worry about 2 and 6. They are just not as calm and fast in this series. I wonder if 2 is playing with a lower body injury. I do believe that 8 has not yet recovered from the long haul effect from Covid yet as he is just not the same player before he came down with Covid.

Watch out for more penalties called against Isles next game. They need to keep their sticks down, elbow tucked, glove on sticks, and avoid putting sticks close to any yellow-black skate inviting any easy fall. Use their tucked in arms and buttocks to do the checking without bending over. Stick check an opposing player away from the net but keep the stick on the ice and do not let them get around you. Use slide to intercept dangerous passes. As far interference goes, only uses if you really need to, like preventing a clean breakaway.

dlawong

Nov 24, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
They were much better in game 4, thought that was the best overall performance of this series. Tonight, another story. They really had no business winning, but timely saves, timely defensive stops, and maximizing their scoring chances were the difference. Going to have to play much better Weds to close this out.

Mayfield has been very good this series, a lot of subtle defensive plays and he's minimized his turnovers.

Barzal is finally doing what a franchise player should come the playoffs. He needs to keep shooting, and Beau has to start shooting. Beau had another point-blank chance in the slot where he dished it off to Dobson.

When Beau shoots, good things happen. He is a better shooter than passer so he needs to know that. The only time you do not shoot is when you can't shoot or when another player is closer to the net and has a much better chance to beat the goalie.

Reactions: BelovedIsles

Wanderson

Aug 1, 2011
Just saw Cassidy’s postgame conference. What a f***ing tool he is lmao.

Guy needs a trip on the waaaaaaambulance, his baby bottle to suck on, and rattle to pound dirt STAT

We all know that the Bruins’ fans underestimated the Isles going into the series... but I had no idea that Cassidy also underrated the Isles. That’s a win for us though.

Now he is trying to find excuses why his team isn’t dOmInAtInG the series. Can’t be fun to have a homer as the coach.

IslandersGER

Dec 29, 2015
Deutschland
But I am not a robot. For Isles games on TV, I only post between periods or after games so I catch as much action as possible.
this is not the point - your postings are so predictable as they follow each the same scheme "I was in/at blah.....I tuned in blah...to watch the game.." followed by a summary of the game or period everybody could copy pasted from a the latest news ticker from any sports media. It's ridiculous.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Interesting about Beau and Marchand. On that first goal Marchand took the puck away against the boards like the school yard bully does the weak kid's candy. It got me thinking, Beau actually has a lot of Marchand in his game but the difference is strength. Marchand is uber strong and that's what's missing from Beau's game right now.

We forget that Beau is 23 and Marchand 33

Reactions: MJF

scottywiper

Dec 2, 2018
It really does feel like Boston are affronted by the series so far. Like they expected to just waltz past the hapless Islanders.
We are not worthy!

NC 1972

Dec 8, 2017
Game 5 against Pitt was worse
I agree, been an Islander fan since the beginning love everything that's going on from the teams success these last 3 years to the coach, GM new owners the rink you name it.
But often lost in the joy of winning is the deficiency's exposed by our opponents. Teams that are out shot by 10 to 20 per game usually don't fair well .
Boston sailed through the neutral zone coming in waves their 1st line did what ever they wanted.
However our goaltending has bailed us out on numerous occasions and hopefully that will continue as we will see the best Boston is capable of next game.

NC 1972

Dec 8, 2017
BTW, Scott Mayfield is a really good defenseman and Pelech is god like!
I'd like to comment on this Mayfield is one of the favorite whipping boys on this forum, as is Brock,Bailey and Eberle.
Brock and Bailey scored our only even strength goals last night Eberle our last PP goal many probably scoffed at Brocks goal thinking it was all window dressing,turned out to be the game winning goal.
And by the way did anyone notice who Barry had on the D - during the closing seconds of the game it wasn't Pulock & Pelech it was Mayfield & Pelech.

TheWhiteWhale30

Dec 3, 2007
this is not the point - your postings are so predictable as they follow each the same scheme "I was in/at blah.....I tuned in blah...to watch the game.." followed by a summary of the game or period everybody could copy pasted from a the latest news ticker from any sports media. It's ridiculous.
Confused... is this an insult ? or a compliment for him using proper English and being descriptive? Some people like to paint a picture when they talk... especially when describing things in text Lol

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
I always think its weird when even at our own arena they'll show the manhattan skyline or empire state buidling on our hype videos. No one here cares about that. The Devils are closer to manhattan than we are and i doubt they do any of that crap in jersey

And yet the crowd goes wild when they show the Empire State Building in Islanders colors on the scoreboard. I think the Empire State Building is a symbol for the entire state, or at least downstate NY. It represents more than just Manhattan.

Reactions: bronxirish

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau
And yet the crowd goes wild when they show the Empire State Building in Islanders colors on the scoreboard. I think the Empire State Building is a symbol for the entire state, or at least downstate NY. It represents more than just Manhattan.
Yeah I guess, maybe just because it’s located like 100 yards from the garden i just associate it with the rags

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
Yeah I guess, maybe just because it’s located like 100 yards from the garden i just associate it with the rags

And there's the whole LI pride thing, which I get, but I think only the most vehement anti-NYC folks have issues with being associated with some of the bigger attractions of NYC; Empire State Building, Statue Of Liberty, etc.

I mean, let's face it, showing the Montauk Lighthouse lit up in blue and orange just doesn't have the same impact.

Reactions: bronxirish

crashthenet

Jul 9, 2004
Hockey Falls
I have no idea why they pulled Rask. He couldn't do anything about those 4 goals, maybe one you could argue. Varlamov continues to be an enigma. Goal 1 was bad as he overshot the angle and despite the shot being good had he not overslid he would have had it. Goal 2 was a goal Sorokin likely has as he is more athletic on those plays and probably closes off the far side of the net. I had no issues with the other 2 goals but I wish he would stop allowing a questionable one almost every game. The 3rd period was a mess. I felt despite the Isles being outshot in the 1st/2nd that the Bruins only truly dominated with high danger chances the first 3 minutes and for 2-3 minutes in the 2nd. The other shots the defense really started cleaning out the front of the net and I felt Boston had no real presence inside the circles. One thing is for sure, this Boston team made up of mostly the same guys went into St. Louis and won a game 6 in the SCF so nobody should be chest pounding just yet about Wednesday. The Bruins do love losing game 7s at home though or at the very least being neck and neck into the 3rd or OT in all of them

No idea what Varlamov's injury was but his side to side was better during the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad