GDT: 5/20/16 - 8:00PM EDT - #2 Pittsburgh VS #2 Tampa Bay [ECF GAME 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
It is entertaining to watch Letang have his tantrums. Boyle was loving it and laughing in his face.

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
I survived my drinking game, thanks to Cindy being -2 and invisible much of the game.
Bolts need to keep up the 'in your face' approach for rest of series, and keep shooting the puck.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
The key to game 5 is we need to stop backing off the blueline. I get the Pens have a lot of speed and you don't want to get beat wide, but backing up so much was bound to hurt us. It directly led to 2 Penguins goals in the third period in game 4. I'm shocked it took that long to bite us since we've been doing it all series. Hold the damn blue line.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Huge game by Cally and if you didn't notice Vladdy's 2 way game tonight I don't know what to say.

As soon as we're not playing our best hockey, Pens dominates. This is going to ask an herculean effort to eliminate this team.

agree not playing best done agree on effort

we just have to play smarter play faster etc.. we were really playing about b grade last night too many chances if we limit pittsburgh to say 20 -24 shots? we will than have a grade A effort:) I know we can do this cause we have done this to others good offensive teams we have dominated by controlling puck stopping at lines etc..

ANYWAY came on to congratulate Mr. Vasilevskiy HAT OFF you deserved your First win while starting in the playoffs keep em coming!! Great job

even though fully agree that two goals sort of soft have to realize didnt get tested in second got a huge push coming back no defensive help in these situations imho and wasnt focused fully. Yes bishop woulda probably saved those first two but vasy is 21 has a lot of time to learn how to focus in a game like this and will get better in time learning from a game like this. BUT i remember didnt want to look at tape this is type of game you got to look at the tapes what can do etc..

So great job vasy keep practicing and learning we love ya

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Popping in to give props to Callahan for last night. What a game.

It's that we don't see this much that frustrates me, but still, great game from 24!

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Robert are they just trying to give me a heart attack why do they have to do this ?

Good w the effort and drive and push was there! Vasy with a few soft goals! Pittsburgh still skates into our zone to easy! Load the blue line make them dump and chase more and work. Sit back safe is death good 1st and 2nd not a good 3rd but got it done tonight.

The key to game 5 is we need to stop backing off the blueline. I get the Pens have a lot of speed and you don't want to get beat wide, but backing up so much was bound to hurt us. It directly led to 2 Penguins goals in the third period in game 4. I'm shocked it took that long to bite us since we've been doing it all series. Hold the damn blue line.

great news is these are kinda basic fixes all around from game tape. We skated better so is that now need to go one other notch up wait for the pitt push back than go another level:) I am sure we have that.

I am really more comfortable with us winning this next game over losing. If we win 5 and somehow lose six am sure we get bishop maybe not 100 percent at game seven but we just need to outscore pitt bish will only give up 3 tops so 4 goals would win game

sticking with bolts in seven will say is a real chance here for us to close in six though just need to build on this last game keep getting and playing faster and faster and smarter which we all know this team can do that weve all seen it :)

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Hard to stand guys up at the blue line when you turn it over in the neutral zone and catch your defenders flat footed as they change direction. We did a better job avoiding some of those but not enough.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
So Bishop in game 5? Or Vasilevskiy?

If Bish can go, he's our guy.

coop just said before boarding not naming starter yet but so far bishop is not cleared to play

I will say is very little chance we see bishop before/if there is a game seven.

He was not is playing shape yesterday don't see that changing in 48 hours so very low chance for game five.

OurlordAndSaviorKuch

Number one Bull$hit
Oct 12, 2011
Tampa Florida
Where's the GIF of Boyle doing the head jerk motion to Letang?

You ask and you shall receive.

l396EoLBztW4G0DKw.gif

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Hard to stand guys up at the blue line when you turn it over in the neutral zone and catch your defenders flat footed as they change direction. We did a better job avoiding some of those but not enough.

While that was sometimes the case, the Malkin goal was nothing like that. Malkin picked it up from his own blue line and carried it the whole way. The defense had plenty of time to adjust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad