GDT: 5/13/16 - 8:00PM EDT - #2 Tampa Bay @ #2 Pittsburgh [ECF GAME 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

avalanche45

Jul 11, 2006
I don't even know... does the leg have an ACL or MCL? I'm used to baseball shoulders lol

Both. There are 4 main ligaments in the knee - the ACL and PCL (which keep the knee from going too far forward or too far back) and then an MCL and LCL (which keep the knee from going too far side to side).

I'm going to guess it was his MCL.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Guys, I think MVP goes to Callahan this game, that was a clutch hit in the first and really turned the tide of the game towards Tampa. Without that hit and his PK I don't know where we'd be, didn't get on the score sheet but he played the best 2 way game on the entire team.

I'm ****ing furious with Coop, only 14mins tonight for Cally, most of it with no talent players like Baguette.

:sarcasm:

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
From my limited "at best" medical knowledge watching sports NEG x-rays mean little when it comes to what we are really worried about (ACL)..

Anyone with better info than I?

Yeah that is right. A tear of the ACL or one of the lateral ligaments would most likely be seen on an MRI but not an X-ray.

my last hospital visit went to do a mri but went to a smaller machine not called mri but its a fourth of the size of any mri ive ever seen does same tests etc..

pitt might have one in their stadium? it would not surprise me

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Koekkoek looked ****ing good though. Excited for this kid.

Same. It's been awesome watching him handle all that comes with playoff hockey and still look so poised. He's welcomed the challenge and has really fit right in seamlessly. His future's very bright.

Last edited:

avalanche45

Jul 11, 2006
my last hospital visit went to do a mri but went to a smaller machine not called mri but its a fourth of the size of any mri ive ever seen does same tests etc..

Probably a CT scan. I dont think Pittsburgh would have one in house but even if they did a lot of times they are going to wait for the swelling to go down before scanning him.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland

I very much doubt they'd have machines like that at the stadium. They're expensive as ****. I've had MRI done twice in about a year because of my back problems and the lines for it have been ridiculous. No one wants to pay for it on the private sector because it's so expensive, partly because the machine is so expensive in its self.

avalanche45

Jul 11, 2006
I very much doubt they'd have machines like that at the stadium. They're expensive as ****. I've had MRI done twice in about a year because of my back problems and the lines for it have been ridiculous. No one wants to pay for it on the private sector because it's so expensive, partly because the machine is so expensive in its self.

Fun fact: There are more MRI machines in the city of Pittsburgh than all of Canada combined.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com

just so you know first mri was 1996 was two machines in state of michigan

last year spring hill florida 37 places not counting hospitals had mri machine

no bull 37 places in spring hill lol

mri's are everywhere now at least to me had to go to university of michigan when broke my neck in 96 lol

ya i know about the swelling i figure he had some tests hopefully is fine i thought how he fell was mcl knee like avalanche guy did :)

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
just so you know first mri was 1996 was two machines in state of michigan

last year spring hill florida 37 places not counting hospitals had mri machine

no bull 37 places in spring hill lol

mri's are everywhere now at least to me had to go to university of michigan when broke my neck in 96 lol

ya i know about the swelling i figure he had some tests hopefully is fine i thought how he fell was mcl knee like avalanche guy did :)

I guess those are more common in America then :laugh:

wxkid23

Oct 7, 2014
Kissimmee, FL
Losing Bish IS our biggest piece but It's not like Andrei isn't battled tested. This is a kid who battled the KHL as a teen. None of the other netminders left on any team are game stopping. The picture keeps getting more ugly but this team can still win it all. It's unreal to say this. Tell me we have No Bishop, Stralman, Stamkos, (insert name half of every game) .... I would say your insane. These playoffs are insane and this team can bring the cup. I hope the guys realize this. STL/SJ are waiting on the other side.... that sends chills into nobody

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
I've only turned on the Lightning Live postgame a couple times this postseason...is Engblom involved at all in any of them? Would be a bit disappointed to find out that he isn't...

pucyelnats

May 26, 2011
San Francisco, CA
A fantastic start. The team is rock solid even missing some key players. Bishop going down is worse than not having Stralman or Stamkos, but Vasy looks fine and if Bishop doesn't have anything torn or broken as Cooper posted, then hope to have him back ASAP.

wxkid23

Oct 7, 2014
Kissimmee, FL
A fantastic start. The team is rock solid even missing some key players. Bishop going down is worse than not having Stralman or Stamkos, but Vasy looks fine and if Bishop doesn't have anything torn or broken as Cooper posted, then hope to have him back ASAP.

I heard nothing about an MRI. I heard Xray. Means nothing fwiw

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Cally's hit certainly wasn't clean. It's an open question of whether it's a suspension or not, though.

I guess we'll see. I wouldn't be shocked to see no suspension, and I wouldn't be shocked to see him get a game. With Brown back his loss will hurt a little less, at least.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I heard nothing about an MRI. I heard Xray. Means nothing fwiw

He had all the tests done otherwise cooper would have said he was unsure on bishop or done for the season. So now it's not season ending and we won't know what is wrong with bishop till after the season! Like the torn groin last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad