Proposal: 4th pick plus Mantha ➕? For Werenski?

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
But when he played with Brad Richards and St Louis in New York his statistics and impact on the game stayed exactly the same

NYR Rick Nash was certainly not the same player as CBJ Rick Nash, but certainly his only year at 30-years-old with retiring 39-year-old St. Louis which he led the organization in goals with 42 and points with 69 can't qualify as a disappointment.

For my money, Nash was immensely underappreciated, and it's a real shame that the only impact players he got a chance to play with during his prime were corpses.

Reactions: Anisimovs AK

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Honestly, I wouldnt trade for Werenski right now (outide of a rip off type of deal), because he doesnt move the needle that much. This team is still finishing bottom 5 with Weresnki. Its worth waiting and hoping you can get him for free in FA because he actually will be looking to be a FA right when Detroit should be getting pretty good again

Reactions: decaguard

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
Id do it for Mantha and a 2nd/4th something like that

Not interesting moving our 1st rounder personally

Reactions: lilidk

Anisimovs AK

Apr 14, 2006
Columbus, OH
NYR Rick Nash was certainly not the same player as CBJ Rick Nash, but certainly his only year at 30-years-old with retiring 39-year-old St. Louis which he led the organization in goals with 42 and points with 69 can't qualify as a disappointment.

For my money, Nash was immensely underappreciated, and it's a real shame that the only impact players he got a chance to play with during his prime were corpses.

Thats fair

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
Honestly, I wouldnt trade for Werenski right now (outide of a rip off type of deal), because he doesnt move the needle that much. This team is still finishing bottom 5 with Weresnki. Its worth waiting and hoping you can get him for free in FA because he actually will be looking to be a FA right when Detroit should be getting pretty good again
proper logic

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Is Mantha even a top 30 winger in the NHL? He’s a first liner, but elite is a stretch

that said deal is still huge overpayment
He was a top 30 winger in terms of ppg (tied with Matt Tkachuk, players with at least 25 games) this season. We'll have to see if he can have a full healthy season with similar production and he's definitely up there.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Regardless of whether Detroit would do it, I can tell you that Columbus would not.

Columbus is a team that struggles to create offense, and nobody on that roster creates as much offense as Zach Werenski.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad