GDT: #46 Blues @ Ducks | 01.15.17 | 6:00 Pacific

Status
Not open for further replies.

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
That probably is the case regarding Bieksa's ice time. If it is, RC still needs to crack the whip on him then and demand (famous RC reputation) Bieksa get off the ice sooner. It's either RC is playing him too much or not holding him accountable for staying on too long then.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Bieksa is that ******* at pick up games who never gets off the ****ing ice.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Bieksa is that ******* at pick up games who never gets off the ****ing ice.

I ****ing HATE Bieksa, but something I did like that he did last night was play a more in your face game. He was involved in several after whistle incidents. He still freaking sucks and shouldn't be playing, but that's good to see. He's been way too nice this year.

Oct 18, 2011
We got 5 out of 6 points playing 3 in 4 and i think Randy cost us that point last night by starting a dzone faceoff with Getz and Rakell.

The bieksa stuff is ******** did anyone see that 2 on 1 where he fell down? There is no justification for him playing more than Lindholm.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Bieksa is not getting used in preference to Lindholm. He is refusing to get off the ice.

Last night Lindholm had 26 shifts to Bieksa's 22. Average shift 46 vs 56 seconds.
Fowler had 29, Vatanen had 25, Manson had 23, Holzer had 16.

I also suspect that Lindholm is being scrupulously line matched by RC, and he is saving him for specific matchups. I'm too Getzlaf to look that up, but it would explain things.

Wow!!! Great find. thanks!

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Enough of getzlaf in overtime please. Perry has finally been benched in OT, now it is time for Getzlaf to be too. I'd put Vatanen at forward at this point instead of Getz if you need someone to skate an extra shift. Getzlaf just can't be bothered to shoot or back check in 3 on 3

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
One of our biggest problems in OT is a carry over of a regulation problem. Nobody can or will fire a one timer. Everybody wants to take their sweet time setting up, taking a waggle or two and then shooting...usually wide of the net. The team refuses to shoot quickly and they don't generate rebounds. In OT, that's a death sentence.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
One of our biggest problems in OT is a carry over of a regulation problem. Nobody can or will fire a one timer. Everybody wants to take their sweet time setting up, taking a waggle or two and then shooting...usually wide of the net. The team refuses to shoot quickly and they don't generate rebounds. In OT, that's a death sentence.

It seems like we have nobody on the roster who even has an good one timer - slap or wrist shot. Getzlaf does but he never shoots so it's irrelevant, Perry has never had a good one timer and Rakell and Kesler both have alright ones but they're nothing special. Silf has a great release but poor one timer. Fowler's has improved but it's still erratic and Vatanen forgot how to shoot over the offseason.

Perron's was decent. Another reason we shouldn't have let him go. Teemu's quick one timer from the left circle was probably the best we will ever see in a Ducks uniform.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
It seems like we have nobody on the roster who even has an good one timer - slap or wrist shot. Getzlaf does but he never shoots so it's irrelevant, Perry has never had a good one timer and Rakell and Kesler both have alright ones but they're nothing special. Silf has a great release but poor one timer. Fowler's has improved but it's still erratic and Vatanen forgot how to shoot over the offseason.

Perron's was decent. Another reason we shouldn't have let him go. Teemu's quick one timer from the left circle was probably the best we will ever see in a Ducks uniform.

I would agree, but you don't have to have an Ovy one timer (but it would be nice :laugh:) to be successful. Getting the shot off quickly before defenders or especially the goalie can react is the key. That and having some amount of accuracy. Executed properly you have at least a partially empty net to shoot at. It drives me crazy when somebody makes a good cross ice pass which catches the goalie out of position, and the recipient fiddles around with it like he were taking shots in practice. Every ****ing Duck player seems to be guilty of that. Shoot the ****ing thing! :pullhair: :banghead:

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
I would agree, but you don't have to have an Ovy one timer (but it would be nice :laugh:) to be successful. Getting the shot off quickly before defenders or especially the goalie can react is the key. That and having some amount of accuracy. Executed properly you have at least a partially empty net to shoot at. It drives me crazy when somebody makes a good cross ice pass which catches the goalie out of position, and the recipient fiddles around with it like he were taking shots in practice. Every ****ing Duck player seems to be guilty of that. Shoot the ****ing thing! :pullhair: :banghead:

Montour seems to fit the bill, but we're probably looking beyond this season before it matters. I'm with you though, this 'catch-pause-fart around-pause-shoot' nonsense has been infuriating for years. Bobby was another good one-timer that comes to mind.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
Isn't there someone around, say a former player maybe, who could help coach guys on one timers?

There's got to be someone in OC. Right?:sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad