4 team pool

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I did a simple pool for this season with 3 of my friends. The rules are:
-12 players roster, 2 goalies, 4 defensemen and 6 forwards.
-$27M max salary cap.
-A team is allowed to have less than 12 players in order to stay under the cap.
- 1 point awarded for a goal or an assist for forwards and defensemen, 1 point awarded for each win and 1 point for a shutout for each goalie.
-Trades are allowed from Nov 1, 2014 to the trade deadline.

Team A :
F: Vladimir Tarasenko, Brendan Gallagher, Tomas Hertl, Max Pacioretty, Tyler Seguin, Nathan MacKinnon.
D: Marek Zidlicky, Seth Jones, Eric Gelinas, Victor Hedman.
G: Jonas Gustavsson, Braden Holtby

Team B :
F: Mike Ribeiro, Ales Hemsky, Nazem Kadri, Valeri Nichushkin, Jaromir Jagr, Alex Galchenyuk.
D: Rasmus Ristolainen, Connor Carrick, Andre Benoit, Erik Karlsson.
G: Martin Jones, Antti Niemi

Team C:
F: Ondrej Palat, Jonathan Drouin, Nick Bonino, Nail Yakupov, John Tavares, Evgeny Kuznetsov.
D: Jake Muzzin, Morgan Rielly, Jacob Trouba, Duncan Keith
G: Darcy Kuemper, Ben Bishop

Team D:
F: Gustav Nyquist, Jaden Schwartz, Jamie McGinn, Matt Duchene, Sidney Crosby
D: Alec Martinez, Thomas Hickey, Dougie Hamilton, Hampus Lindholm
G: Anton Khudobin, Carter Hutton

Who's gonna win this one ?
Not telling which one is my team, so that your judgement remains neutral. My gut feeling is that team A is stacked compared to the other teams.

islesforlife

Dec 13, 2013
East Coast USA
Forwards: A>D>C>B
Defense: A>C>D>B
Goalies: C>=B>A>D

I'd say that A will do best but C will be close. Strong teams all around. If A can upgrade in goal with someone one of the ducks goalies (cheap and good) over either of their current, I think they can easily win.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Thanks for the insight !

Team C is me. I did one trade so far, Khudobin to team D for Trouba because the idiot forgot to draft 2 goalies, and I picked 3 knowing that. I absolutely fleeced him ;)

Team A dude doesn't follow hockey as much as me, but immediately thought of players like Seth Jones and Tarasenko.

I hope injuries will favor my team :)

islesforlife

Dec 13, 2013
East Coast USA
Well JT should have his breakout year as long as he doesn't get injured. He was on pace for ~95 pts last year but that had to end obviously. Drouin s obviously a favorite for the Calder so expect big there. As for Khudobin for Trouba. That's theft and you should arrested for stealing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad