Prospect Info: #4 Prospect Runoff

#4 Prospect

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zero Pucks

Size matters
May 17, 2009
I guess I'm a little bit out of the loop with goalies. Why is Clang in a runoff for #4 overall prospect? I thought Blomqvist and Lindgren would be ahead of him.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Zohorna for me. I see him and Legare having similar upsides of being a middle six scoring forward. But Zohorna has pretty much graduated to the NHL already so his floor is that of an extra forward. Legare has yet to play professionally, so for all we know he'll end up being an AHL star (what I have as his floor right now). And Zohorna, like I said, has almost graduated from the AHL.

While Clang has some ridiculous stats, I'd like to see how he (and all of the other goalies) perform in the AHL. This is also why I voted for Zohorna over Clang. Lindberg probably has the slight lead on my goalie rankings over Clang just because he's played in North America.

I guess I'm a little bit out of the loop with goalies. Why is Clang in a runoff for #4 overall prospect? I thought Blomqvist and Lindgren would be ahead of him.

Clang carried his team last season. Let's see how Blomqvist performs this year. But I'd rank Blomqvist third of the three goalies you mention.

Edit: Tommy Nappier, the Ohio State goalie the WBS Pens signed, had some pretty good college stats. But then didn't do so great in WBS, but performed well in Wheeling.

Last edited:

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Like picking goalies in the draft it should be someone pretty special to be picking in the top 32 or our top 10. Now our prospect pool will certainly come into play. Plus will they graduate after going pro?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

Clang basically individually carried his professional team last year and prevented them from getting relegated. What he was able to do in the Swedish 2nd league last year was phenomenal.

I don't think there's any significant separation between him and Blomqvist, though. I flip flop on Lindgren, on one hand his numbers are insane but he's also a good bit older than the other 2.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I'm voting "not Legare" more than anything else. His player type doesn't typically succeed at the NHL level these days. But looks like he'll win.

Reactions: Gallatin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad