GDT: 4/8/17 - Wild @ Yotes - 8PM CT / 4AM Suomi - FS-N

Status
Not open for further replies.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Fun attending my first Wild road game!

We were in a section with a bunch of Wild fans so that was cool! I chuckled at the Wild fans who were doing a "Let's go Wild" chant on the offbeat of the "Let's go Coyotes" chant :laugh:

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Fun attending my first Wild road game!

We were in a section with a bunch of Wild fans so that was cool! I chuckled at the Wild fans who were doing a "Let's go Wild" chant on the offbeat of the "Let's go Coyotes" chant :laugh:

How's was the arena? From pictures, it looks like one of the coolest in the league. Love the outdoor umbrella thingies. And the inside? I'm curious. :)

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
How's was the arena? From pictures, it looks like one of the coolest in the league. Love the outdoor umbrella thingies. And the inside? I'm curious. :)

Unless they've done things to add a 'feel' or hominess to it, it's pretty bland internally.

My family lives in Phoenix. So I've been to several games there (8-10). It literally feels like if they decided to tomorrow to move the team, they could pack everything up in about 12 hours, leave and if someone else decided to use the arena for another team or event, no one would ever know the Coyotes were there. Layout wise, it reminds you a lot of the X...but, more of a really generic version of it. There is really nothing there that gives it the feel you get here. Best way I can describe it is it feels like the Coyotes residing there has been temporary since day one. But, it's been probably 6 years or so since I've been down to a game. So maybe they've done something to improve on that.

Outside is nice. University of Phoenix Stadium, where the Cardinals play is right next to the arena. So they built up Westgate more or less between the two. Has a lot of shopping, outdoor dining places, etc. It's got a cool vibe to it before and after games. Unless the Canucks are in town. Their fans were extremely obnoxious.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN

The arena itself was ok, like any other arena. We got in there right before puck drop, so not much time to explore the actual arena itself, but yeah it's pretty standard.

Like MK9 said, the coolest part is the area surrounding the stadium. It's like it's own little town with tons of bars and restaurants in this little complex. SUPER cool vibe.

All the fans I interacted with were really cool. Even talked to a couple Blackhawks fans, an older guy (probably in his 80s) with what I assume was his son. They both had Kane jerseys on, I told them I hope we get another shot at them in the playoffs, they were both really cool about it and complimentary of the Wild.

Here were our seats:

2uj6vlk.jpg

All in all, I would definitely go back!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad