Pre-Game Talk: 4/6/2013 Capitals @ Panthers "The kids are alright"

Status
Not open for further replies.

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
Okay everybody let's take a deep breath and relax. I too am excited to see some very key futures of the Panthers on ice tomorrow night but I am not expecting Bjugstad to be a savior. He is going to have to adjust to the speed of the NHL game and size/strength of the opposing players.

I believe he will make an immediate impact but to what degree I will have to see him on NHL ice.

That said - Let's go PANTHERS!

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
To me Bjugstad is pretty much a Getzlaf clone. Except that Bjugstad isnt as good of a passer, but maybe a better goalscorer.

Can't wait for tomorrows game:handclap:

Agree. Getzlaf seems to turn it "up a notch or two" when he sees fit...hoping Bjugstad comes with the hard hat effort of moving his feet and cycling the puck every night.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
cant wait to see bjugstad tomorrow night. Lets save the comparisons until he actually starts playing some games. I was really impressed by him at summer camp so lets see what he can do.

Lola

Future Panthers
Mar 30, 2006
Central Florida
cant wait to see bjugstad tomorrow night. Lets save the comparisons until he actually starts playing some games. I was really impressed by him at summer camp so lets see what he can do.

I've been so excited that I thought we were playing TONIGHT, and getting irritated that CI didn't list the game. :laugh:

Win or lose, I am so excited to see our kids get a chance to play!!!

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
Woke up at around 5AM and saw Flames had 1-1 in San Jose with 8 minutes left. And I told my self that the Sharks would score with less than 2 minutes left. Sharkes scored with 2:06 left. It was bound to happen, Flames are tanking so hard, and it almost look like on purpose.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Woke up at around 5AM and saw Flames had 1-1 in San Jose with 8 minutes left. And I told my self that the Sharks would score with less than 2 minutes left. Sharkes scored with 2:06 left. It was bound to happen, Flames are tanking so hard, and it almost look like on purpose.

I think this should be investigated for all last place teams.
At least theyd find us innocent and discover our team proctologist to be the refs.
Helping us miss the playoffs religiously since 2006.

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den

Saw the game they did not tank, they were badly outplayed Kipper kept them in it, the score should have been 6-1.

hockey dude

Aug 26, 2011

This is probably a good scenario for Bjugstad; young guys usually come up and do well for a number of games while the adrenaline is really pumping then hit a bit of a wall. 11 games and the summer off may be just right.

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
Hope the kids do well and we lose. Perfect scenario. I dont expect us to win any of the next two games. We havent done well against the Caps or the Sens.

Mr. Tankensen should get a start on the weekend hopefully.

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
And if if if if we win these b2b? If?

Then this team is really killing me...If they would have shown effort all year we would be right in the playoff race if not even easily above them.

To make it clear. I want a loss but I wont be upset if they win at home;)

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
Then this team is really killing me...If they would have shown effort all year we would be right in the playoff race if not even easily above them.

To make it clear. I want a loss but I wont be upset if they win at home;)

There no one who doesn't give 100% on the ice tonight.

Agree on the home thing !!!

I'm not jumping on without a sweep this weekend, and that might be too much to expect even from a goalie form another planet soooo

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
There no one who doesn't give 100% on the ice tonight.

Agree on the home thing !!!

I'm not jumping on without a sweep this weekend, and that might be too much to expect even from a goalie form another planet soooo

Not with the team right now. There are clearly no issues. I had issues with the team. There were some guys who really played lazy..Aka Weiss "I am not injured.."

As long as they play good hockey, show effort but lose then I am fine with it.

But we also had these games against the Caps or
Flyers...Unaccaptable to put such a product on the ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad