4-5 years from now, Calle Jarnkrok will be a...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I have seen a ton of variance on here, and even among the Wings (Babcock vs Fischer) on what we think Jarnkrok will eventually become, and what it is we essentially lost.

So I wanted to have a poll to see what most people think it is Jarnkrok will become.

Last edited:

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
A player that will make us look back and laugh when we notice that 60% of Detroit fans on HFBoards wanted Holland fired the day after the trade.

I'm actually rooting for him though. I'd like to see a win-win trade for both organizations and players.

I've said all along that his ceiling is a real solid 2-way 2nd line center similar to Filppula on his game, but that was when he was a better skater compared to his peers. I don't know if he can reach that once ceiling anymore. I'll go a 3rd line level, 2nd unit PP player. Or will he be in Sweden in 5 years? We shall see.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
There needs to be an option for 2nd/3rd line tweener, because that's what I see him as.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
There needs to be an option for 2nd/3rd line tweener, because that's what I see him as.

Not many centers are putting up 45-50 pts on line 3, so I view that more as 2nd line production.

Johnz96*

Jarnkrok is a better hockey player than Sheahan who is a better hockey player than Andersson and Glendening.
I could see him passing Weiss and Helm on the depth chart next year.
His production in the first half of the season was a fluke.
The Preds should have a look at him in Nashville this year.
Holland is an idiot.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Probably a 40-60 point second line center or a Top 5 player in the SHL. I think he will get a look with the Preds so right now I put odds on him staying the NHL route and being the first at probably higher than 60%, given some of the leaked reports if he was on the Wings today I would put odds on the second at around 80%. I don't think he was bluffing and I have been worried since they started surfacing around Christmas.

If he stays he will be a two way player that is great on the PP. He needs to start gaining more strength though. He did land in an ideal situation for his NHL future, he wasn't looking at anything remotely close of an opportunity with us as what presents itself to him now.

Last edited:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Didn't specificiay state it in the poll..

But the assumption is that options 1-4 are all NHL projections

Option 5 would be he returns to the SEL

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
We should just drop the Jarnkok speculation. The fact is the Wings still have Jurco, Nyquist, Tats, Sheahan, Pooks, Mantha, XO, Sproul, Marchenko and more. Future is still very bright.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Didn't specificiay state it in the poll..

But the assumption is that options 1-4 are all NHL projections

Option 5 would be he returns to the SEL

I guess if he was still in our organization given some of the speculation we have heard in particular Holland's comment, I would lean towards the SHL.

I really hope Calle does stay and lights it up for Nashville, they have always needed a guy like him. We need to find a center in the next two drafts that slots in better with our progression as an organization and maybe should do it with a NA that has no options while we starve him in the minors.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Voted 2nd liner as I see 40 points a realistic target for him in 5 years time.

Last edited:

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Always been a fan of him, voted 2nd line C.

Though if we hadn't traded him I would have gone with top 6 back in Sweden.

Still don't think he's a sure bet to be a good NHL player. Wish we could have given him a few games with the Wings to have a better idea of what he is.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
4-5 years? I don't think he's in the NHL.

Of course it depends on how highly Nashville views him. I think a lot of people forget that he hasn't even sniffed the NHL yet, and JUST started to put up good numbers in the AHL. If Nashville "dangles the carrot" in front of him, he might just take his game to the next level. But from all the reports that I've heard the last few days and in the distant past, I don't think his mind is in the right place to begin with. It's all about him.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Few things, as much as I don't really like the Legwand deal, Holland generally doesn't give up prospects who go elsewhere and succeed past his expectations. Look at Shawn Matthias, people were livid that he was traded, he hasn't amounted to anything. Same thing with Mursak, Ritola etc... The one that people hated the most was Quincey and they hate him even more now that he's back. I'm not defending Holland, I'm just pointing out that I don't see him really screwing up on the evaluation of the prospects in terms of trade value.

So, to answer the question at hand, in a system like Nashville's and the fact that they haven't generated any real forward talent outside of depth players, I think Jarnkrok will be a 2nd to 3rd line player getting no more than 55 points at his peak. More likely, he's a 35 point player who gets traded at some point or goes back to Sweden.

stu the grim reaper

Jul 3, 2002
He could be the next tomas fleischmann!

i think reality will set in quickly

Its hard to argue to a board named hockeys future, but a known quantity is more valuable than a projection of hockey fantasies

Dexter Colt

Oct 29, 2007
Mendham, NJ
Heaton brought up some important names there. The cases of Axelsson, Ritola and Mursak have made me take the most optimistic projections with skepticism. Heck, I could throw Kindl into that crowd, too.

I've tried to take the Legwand trade with the assumption that Järnkrok will become a 3rd line center who creates most of his offense on the PP. Optimistically, option 3. Pessimistically, option 5.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
He could be the next tomas fleischmann!

i think reality will set in quickly

Its hard to argue to a board named hockeys future, but a known quantity is more valuable than a projection of hockey fantasies

This thread has nothing to do with the trade.

Simply asking what people think Jarnkroks future will look like.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
This thread has nothing to do with the trade.

Simply asking what people think Jarnkroks future will look like.

Well his ability to put up points because of role likely went up on Wednesday as well. Think about it this way, I thought he could peak for a couple years at 70, who knows all depended on opportunity and I didn't change my opinion on him overnight, I like him still. Now he is PP weapon that will work the slot or half wall and has a real chance at being the #1 there if he takes off and they don't draft someone that eclipses him and he will be on a PP unit with Jones, MDZ, Weber maybe Ellis for the next several years, Forsberg as one of the wingers. Hornqvist, Wilson, and Watson all have some ability too. But he should be tasked as the primary setup man which is his dream role.

But you cannot separate the trade when looking at this question. He has to get stronger and his skating needs to continue to progress a little, something I think we do well as an organization is pick up that next half step with most of our guys, even Andersson who we all bag on all the time is a full-step faster than he was when we got him to Grand Rapids. But his smarts, vision and PP ability are all top notch. It just didn't look like it was going to work out here at least it seems apparent that is what Holland and likely some others in that room thought. Wish him all the best honestly I hope for Nashville he does do well.

Something Heaton eluded to is something I think other GMs think and the reason they insist on targeting guys we want no part of trading. I know that is a common theme, but really when Flash is the best we have sent in terms of prospects out not just draft picks that were ours but developed elsewhere, other teams probably factor that in. How come when Holland gives up on people they seem to hit a wall? I would ask that if I was a rival gm and be very wary, he seems to guard the right guys I am sure they have noticed.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
None of that. He'll be a reliable two way top 6 winger that plays in all situations of the game and does most things very well. He'll move back to center eventually though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad