Prospect Info: 4-5 year Outlook for Sens

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
The discussion of our Pipeline this morning got me thinking and quite excited for the future. I decided to put together a roster of players already with the Sens or in the pipeline looking forward 4-5 years. This excludes trades, UFAs, future drafts and also ignores financials, etc.. Basically just looking at existing talent and assuming they come close to meeting their potential. Obviously this will never happen but it does set up as a nice baseline.

Stutzle - Norris - Batherson
Tkachuk - Pinto - Boucher
Formenton - Greig - Sokolov
Crookshank - Paul - Kelly

Sanderson - JBD
Chabot - Zub
Kleven - Thompson

Gus/Sogaard

Young, talented and aggressive. The future could be very bright.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
The discussion of our Pipeline this morning got me thinking and quite excited for the future. I decided to put together a roster of players already with the Sens or in the pipeline looking forward 4-5 years. This excludes trades, UFAs, future drafts and also ignores financials, etc.. Basically just looking at existing talent and assuming they come close to meeting their potential. Obviously this will never happen but it does set up as a nice baseline.

Sanderson - JBD
Chabot - Zub
Kleven - Thompson

Gus/Sogaard

Zub won't be here in 4-5 years. :cry:

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Jarventie ? Roger ? Ostapchuk ?

I doubt guys like Form and Kelly are here in 5 years … we won’t be able to extend everyone.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Jarventie ? Roger ? Ostapchuk ?

I doubt guys like Form and Kelly are here in 5 years … we won’t be able to extend everyone.
If the general rule of only 1 out of every three players picked outside the first round at best tends to make it, we likely only see one of Jarventie, Ostapchuk or Roger on the team.

If all of Sokolov, Crookshank and Kleven make it, not to mention Kelly, I'd be fairly surprised.

Also would not be shocked if one of JBD, Thomson, Greig, and Boucher busts, not that I expect any of them to, just that it's bound to happen from time to time.

The good news is we have depth of quality prospects so if some bust others will fill the void. There will be surprises too, and presumably some quality picks made over that time that step up.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Roster's top end talent could look very different in 3 years.

If Stutzle doesn't transition to C, and Norris/Pinto don't breakout into Couture level players, one of them for certainty is being packaged for a higher end C.

I am absolutely most excited for our defence and goaltending.

Chabot-Zub
Sanderson-Brannstrom/Thomson/Trade/UFA
Kleven-JBD

Gustavsson/Soogard is going to be exciting exciting. We are going to be the LA/STL of the east. Or basically Boston over last decade.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
The process of watching this team grow and become something is as much fun as enjoying the eventual success of the finished product.

This is the period where the love starts, the heroes are born, and our name (for this vision of a team) is forged.

You don’t want to miss this stage…. Unless you’re Edmonton or buffalo, then you can throw this stage in the trash and burn it.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
My guess is that for salary reasons C.Brown walks and is replaced with Boucher, Zub walks and is replaced with Thomson and Paul walks and is replaced with Crookshank/Ostapchuk/Jarventie/Kelly. If we dump White's contract maybe Brown stays.

Brannstrom and L.Brown get traded for short-term fixes or as a part of a bigger package for a top 2 line center.

Tkachuk - Norris - Batherson
Stutzle - ???????? - Boucher
Formenton - Pinto - Sokolov
Crookshank - Greig - White
Jarventie, Kelly

Sanderson - JBD
Chabot - Roger
Kleven - Thomson

Gustavsson/Sogaard
Sogaard/Gustavsson

Could look something like that in 3-4 years, but this is always a fools game. Future roster never turns out as expected.

If players develop as expected (big if), we keep Brown and Zub by dumping White and realizing Thomson isn't good, and we actually acquire a #1 center, then we're looking like a contender.

Last edited:

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island

Sanderson - JBD
Chabot - Zub
Kleven - Thompson

Gus/Sogaard

I'll raise you

Stutzle-Wright-Batherson
Michkov-Pinto-Sokolov
Ostapchuk-Norris-Crookshank
Formenton-Paul-Kelly

Chabot-Roger
Sanderson-Kleven
Thompson-Guennette

Levi/Mando

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
We have a ton of prospects. Some will hit their projected ceiling, some will actually exceed that ceiling, some won't hit that ceiling and some likely never dress in an NHL game

In my view, our strength is that we don't need every potential prospect to hit their ceiling. We've got so much potential talent that if some hit the ceiling we'll be in good shape coupled with what we already have in Sens uniforms

I always find roster projections a few years out to be a bit of a suckers game. Guaranteed there will be trades, contract related departures and signings along the way.

I'm not sure on numbers but i think having more than a dozen guys on a roster at any point in time that are homegrown drafted and developed players is rare. When you see that you typically see a strong team set up for a multi year competitive window

Reactions: swiftwin

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Tkachuk - Norris - Batherson
Stutzle - Pinto - Boucher
Jarventie - Greig - Sokolov
Formenton - Ostapchuk - Kastelic/Latimer

Chabot - Jiricek (2022 draft)
Sanderson - JBD
Kleven - Roger/Romeo

Gustavsson - Sogaard/Merilainen

Last edited:

NHL Dude 120

Jun 18, 2011
Ottawa
We are missing a #1C high end pick and a RHD D-men. I know Norris had a great season for us BUT Norris at #2 and Pinto at #3 will give us two elite centers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad