GDT: 4/4/24 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Montréal

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Didn't see anything serious from Cirelli, and Hagel was probabaly just precautionary. Doubt either is a long-term situation. After the low point of the year after 25 games (10-10-5), they are now 33-16-2 since; that's a .667 points %, which is exactly what they needed to do.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Hagel prob a stinger or got his bell wrung. He should be alright.

Have no idea what happened to Cirelli.

Hope Kuch doesn't get burned out chasing this trophy. Dude plays some LONG shifts.

Reactions: Outl4w

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Did anyone catch what Cooper said about Cirelli and Hagel?
Do we need to? Has he ever, in the hundreds of years he has coached this team, said anything other than, "We don't know anything yet" on the night of an injury?

Hagel prob a stinger or got his bell wrung. He should be alright.

Have no idea what happened to Cirelli.

Hope Kuch doesn't get burned out chasing this trophy. Dude plays some LONG shifts.
lol, I think he played 4 minutes vs. the empty net tonight.

But I mean, it's Kucherov. How much energy is he really expending on any given shift? That's why this guy's gonna play until he's 60.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Didn't see anything serious from Cirelli, and Hagel was probabaly just precautionary. Doubt either is a long-term situation. After the low point of the year after 25 games (10-10-5), they are now 33-16-2 since; that's a .667 points %, which is exactly what they needed to do.
The TDL was really the thing. And it was so exactly at that time, and their play turned around so dramatically, that, IMO, you have to think they were told to coast until then.

I mean, Kucherov's A-game is coasting, so it didn't matter to him.

But literally every other main guy has turned his game around, and they all did it at exactly the same time. I have a hard time believing that didn't come from management.

Reactions: Renopucker

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
From his post game presser:

Any update on Cirelli?

Coop: "No, not yet. He got dinged up. We're getting at a point now that it's a lot of precaution stuff here. We didn't want to tempt anything so we kept him out."

What about Hagel?

Coop: "Same."
This is what I assumed. We were up 6 - 2 heading into the 3rd. Not a bad idea to give Cirelli the rest of the game off. Then when Hagel went down it was the same call woth like 10 or so minutes to go.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Renopucker

Jan 17, 2019
Reno
He'll get back to it offensively. Worried about his defensive deficiencies in the playoffs.
IMO, his ability to control pucks in the O zone makes up for whatever lack of intensity he brings to the puck in the D zone. He keeps pucks alive so that they don't go back down to the other end.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad