GDT: 4/4/13 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Carolina

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
I agree with the must win or must loose quote. Hopefully Bishop can come in here and blow us away... or at least look confident.

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
I'll try and watch this one.

Yeah, pretty exciting!

I already watched the last two and am preparing my self for the Abitur, but damn I can't miss this game. And Carolina games are always good games for us. So I will take some sleep now and get up tonight :)

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Good luck to you guys and Big Ben tonight. He was looking confident last game. hopefully he can stay calm enough and continue. Think you'll like him.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
Well Bishop, tonight is your first chance to make a lot of Lightning fans start forgetting about Conacher. Don't screw it up.

CSampson

Apr 8, 2009
Again, my advice is to keep playoff aspirations in check and just enjoy a look at the future stars of this team, and hopeful building blocks like Bishop.

Gonna be great to see the new Connolly.

CC321

Jun 23, 2012
Winnipeg 38pts (L10 3-7-0) and Carolina 34pts (L10 1-8-1) are slumping. Washington is the only team in the SE playing well (L10 6-3-1) besides us (L10 5-4-1). WAS has 36pts, we have 32pts, and we have played one less game. We play Washington on Sunday. 13 games to go. It can be done.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
Are you guys confident, nervous or unsure of Bishop going into tonight's game?

I'm actually fairly confident. I think we spent so much time thinking about what we lost that we haven't taken the time to look at what we gained. Bishop will be a good one guys.

Healfezza

Sep 9, 2008
Red Deer
Here's hoping Bishop pitchs a shutout for you guys tonight!

Cheers from Ottawa.

Bishop is the real deal, I know quite a few people that felt we should have traded a different goalie and had him stay. I don't agree with that, but I do see the logic.

Last edited:

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
Nice to hear most are confident in Bishop tonight, we've dominated Carolina for most of this year so hopefully the trend continues!

Steve Yzerman

A New Season Begins
Mar 11, 2013
Mississauga
Winnipeg 38pts (L10 3-7-0) and Carolina 34pts (L10 1-8-1) are slumping. Washington is the only team in the SE playing well (L10 6-3-1) besides us (L10 5-4-1). WAS has 36pts, we have 32pts, and we have played one less game. We play Washington on Sunday. 13 games to go. It can be done.

Washington, Winnipeg, (and obviously Carolina) losing tonight puts in a very good spot. We just have to keep on winning.

Bolts4Life91

Feb 9, 2013
Vancouver, BC
I just hope Bishop doesn't turn out to be another Lindback where we have high expectations, and then see a bad to decent goalie. All im asking for is a consistent goalie who doesn't give up shorthanded goals or weak goals.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
Garon has dominated Carolina this year. Not sure how Bishop will do. I just hope he plays simple and positionally sound. Less is more for goalies his size, this is something Anders can learn from him I think. Block the puck, play like a big goalie.

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
I'm sure Bishop will be great for you guys. From the moment he stepped into the Senators lineup he's looked confident. He was solid last season and kept us alive this year. I'll be watching the game tonight and cheering on Big Ben and the Bolts :yo:

Yzlamic Preacher*

Garon has dominated Carolina this year. Not sure how Bishop will do. I just hope he plays simple and positionally sound. Less is more for goalies his size, this is something Anders can learn from him I think. Block the puck, play like a big goalie.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad