WGR: 4-30 - Sabres' GM Jason Botterill with Schopp and Bulldog

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
4-30: Sabres' GM Jason Botterill with Schopp and Bulldog (13:19)

We've got Sabres GM Jason Botterill on the line NOW on WGR!

Botterill - I wasn't too nervous at all, it was a lottery, nothing you could control

Botterill - It was a more drawn out evening... didn't have any idea at all (if we had won)

Botterill - The Vegas - SJ game seemed to last forever

Botterill - All 31 teams would love to have a player like (Dahlin)... it's imperative to have a defenseman and Rasmus certainly does that

Botterill - We have to improve in all areas, we need to be faster up front, stronger in the D zone, have to have better goaltending

Botterill - I'm a huge believer in getting the best player available

Botterill - I believe it meant a lot to this organization... there was a lot of emotion and a lot of excitement

Botterill - It's a situation where Rochester was able to make the playoffs, but (losing in round one) was an indication that we still have work to be done on that

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
For the fans, maybe. I imagine players don't give two ****s about the draft lottery, unless it could affect their ice time.

Not that there was every any doubt, but it sounds like Botterill is saying we're taking Dahlin without actually saying we're drafting Dahlin.

You don't think the players would welcome a dynamite player addition to one of their weakest areas?

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Yeah...I would bet anything Eichel was ecstatic. You think you are fed up with the lack of winning and talent he has to play with? What do you think he thinks?

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
You don't think the players would welcome a dynamite player addition to one of their weakest areas?
Yes but not enough to change the culture solely on drafting an 18 year old.

I undersold the players likely investment in their team. I am sure more than a few were paying attention.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Last edited:
Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad