Recalled/Assigned: 4-3: Sabres Recall Forwards Alex Nylander and Kevin Porter

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Nylander's made some definite progress lately. I think he's earned a short look. Hopefully getting a cup of coffee in the NHL now provides him with a little extra motivation to work hard this summer.

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover
Totally expected this call up, as did many others. Botts needs to see him in NHL games with NHL talent. Hopefully Housley plays him with decent line mates and not on the 4th line.

I picked up tickets for Wednesday's game. Looking forward to seeing Eichel, Sam, Mitts and now Nylander

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Nylander to pay with Mitts or Eichel.

I think nylander sulked about not getting a shot like he expected as someone in 2nd post draft yeRar.

Porter... Larsson injury for 4th line ?

Reactions: DJN21

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
He’s only getting called up because Smith got hurt, let’s not get ahead of ourselves in adoration

Reactions: DJN21

sincerity0

Dec 23, 2016
Does a player drafted in the fourth round performing like him get a call up?

Nearly every waiver exempt (and many non-exempt) player has gotten a shot to play in the NHL this year.

The sunk cost comment is silly because Botterill has no sunk cost in this draft pick. Jason didn’t select Nylander. Sure, the Sabres as an organization have a sunk cost since as an entity it has Nylander in the system.

To me, this doesn’t scream “fire!” In a movie theatre. Based on many players getting a chance to get NHL time — and the fact that Nylander has been performing better lately, should get a couple games.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Nylander to pay with Mitts or Eichel.

I think nylander sulked about not getting a shot like he expected as someone in 2nd post draft yeRar.

Porter... Larsson injury for 4th line ?

Or, you know, was recovering from an injury he suffered in training camp which didn’t allow him to get in game shape for a while. He missed I believe 23 games.

BuffaloGooner

Sep 8, 2011
Sloan, NY
Nearly every waiver exempt (and many non-exempt) player has gotten a shot to play in the NHL this year.

The sunk cost comment is silly because Botterill has no sunk cost in this draft pick. Jason didn’t select Nylander. Sure, the Sabres as an organization have a sunk cost since as an entity it has Nylander in the system.

To me, this doesn’t scream “fire!” In a movie theatre. Based on many players getting a chance to get NHL time — and the fact that Nylander has been performing better lately, should get a couple games.
Your reasonable logic has no place here

Reactions: MagnumForce2

DatGuy

Sep 25, 2015
Like I said when Mittlestadt signed....bring up Nylander and run......

Nylander - Eichel - Mittlestadt

Screw it, let the kids fly....we're in last place with 3 games left....

You think Jack is happy with Girgs and Pomm? Hell No, but to give him 2 guys with less then 10 NHL games experience??? Lets just run Jack out of town now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad