GDT: 4/23/24 - 7:30PM EDT - #1 WC Tampa Bay @ #1 Florida [ECQF GAME 2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Playoff hockey is different. It's literally them or us. They'll take away our strengths, and we better do the same.

We need to play heavier, for sure.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
They are the best 5v5 team, we are not good 5v5... look at the teams on paper.

Said it for a while, the personnel just isn't it. I'm surprised we clinched and got here, genuinely. I think it's still within reach to "flip" the switch during the regular season because of the talent we have, but this is not a team with the roster to go deep.

We said it all year, take away Kucherov and we are a bottom dweller. Well, Florida is doing just that and winning the game. Pretty easy blueprint. Our bottom six depth is non existent. Our defense is shambolic. Team is not good and we are being exposed for it.

Start preparing yourselves for another first round exit unless we win this game and somehow show we can hang. It's not happening down 2-0 against these guys. Credit to them.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Half is coop and half is JBB assembling the worst lightning roster over the last two years tearing down the greatness. WE need to trade at least two of Cernak, Jeannot, Sheary, and Sergachev.
JBB is gonna re-sign Dumba and Duclair and call it an offseason.

JBB has to go. He isn't improving this team anymore.

We have no assets or cap to get better....BECAUSE OF THIS JABRONI.
JBB handcuffed the team and this is the result

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
I didn't like this matchup before the series started, but this hasn't been the same Panthers team I was expecting to see. What's given us trouble in the regular season is the Panthers speed, and transition game off our mistakes. I think of the Panthers, I think of their top 6 offense. That's not what we're getting here. Panthers are really switching things up in order to take away our offense.

Bolts on the other hand are so busy trying to play a defensive game in respect to that Panthers offense, that they've taken the offense out of their own game. Doesn't make much sense considering how much Kuch and the top offensive guys have made the offense the identity of this team, and 2, theBolts have never been a good defensive team this year. They don't have the personnel to do what they've done in previous runs.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Remember the rangers series in 2022 we lost the first 2 at there home. So I can't count this team out, we are a way different team though.

Just breathe folks. We were freaking out doing the same thing vs the NYR and the Leafs 2 years ago
That 2022 roster would take this teams lunch money. 2022 was a good roster. This mess of an AHL team is a joke

Reactions: Stammertime91

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Remember the rangers series in 2022 we lost the first 2 at there home. So I can't count this team out, we are a way different team though.
That's a nice memory to have, but we don't have:

McDonagh
Rutta
Sergacehv
Palat
Maroon
Perry
Killorn

To save the day. Now we have Glendening, Motte, Chaffee, Eyssimont, and whoever else. And a much inferior defense. We've run out of hail Mary moments I'm afraid.

StammerHammer

Dec 23, 2021
I didn't like this matchup before the series started, but this hasn't been the same Panthers team I was expecting to see. What's given us trouble in the regular season is the Panthers speed, and transition game off our mistakes. I think of the Panthers, I think of their top 6 offense. That's not what we're getting here. Panthers are really switching things up in order to take away our offense.

Bolts on the other hand are so busy trying to play a defensive game in respect to that Panthers offense, that they've taken the offense out of their own game. Doesn't make much sense considering how much Kuch and the top offensive guys have made the offense the identity of this team, and 2, theBolts have never been a good defensive team this year. They don't have the personnel to do what they've done in previous runs.
Sounds like you’re saying “fire Cooper”.

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
They are the best 5v5 team, we are not good 5v5... look at the teams on paper.

Said it for a while, the personnel just isn't it. I'm surprised we clinched and got here, genuinely. I think it's still within reach to "flip" the switch during the regular season because of the talent we have, but this is not a team with the roster to go deep.

We said it all year, take away Kucherov and we are a bottom dweller. Well, Florida is doing just that and winning the game. Pretty easy blueprint. Our bottom six depth is non existent. Our defense is shambolic. Team is not good and we are being exposed for it.

Start preparing yourselves for another first round exit unless we win this game and somehow show we can hang. It's not happening down 2-0 against these guys. Credit to them.

And I'm not really mad about any of it. Just like last year where we played poorly for much of the year, especially after the break, I knew we didn't have a Cup winning team and it's how I feel this season as well. I'm not even nervous watching the games like I am when I know we have a team that can win it all. As you stated we just don't have any depth, and depth is why we won our Cups.

If we're not competitive for the rest of this series it's time for Cooper to go. I'm not even saying he's a bad coach, but sometimes a message can grow stale and I think we've reached that point. We need a fresh perspective and need to rebuild our depth, we still have elite players and can open another window if the proper moves are made. I just feel the best chance for a new core to succeed is if it's under different leadership.

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven

Absolutely perfect

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
JBB is gonna re-sign Dumba and Duclair and call it an offseason.

JBB has to go. He isn't improving this team anymore.

We have no assets or cap to get better....BECAUSE OF THIS JABRONI.
JBB handcuffed the team and this is the result
Part of reason at least 2 of those guys got to guy to make cap for someone useful and maybe get an asset for cernak ,sergachev, or Perbix We need young and hungry blood in the line up. I hope Howard and Dukes are ready next year.
Ideal Forwards with and without STamkos after trading Sheary, Dehann, and Perbix. REsign Jeanott to two year extension at 1 million and lower his cap hit by over a million per year. If he wont resign trade him and sign an enforce for 1 million.
Howard Point Cirelli
Hagel Stamkos Ducalir
Dukes Cirelli Paul
Motte Essymont, Glendenning Jeanott
add tcall ups or depth players like WAtson etc
Defense
Hedman RAddysh
Sergachev Cernak/Top 4 Addition
Depth Veteran defenseman / Crozier/Lilleberg

Trading Cernak, Jeannot and Perbix not resigning Stamkos
Howard Point Kucherov
Bennett Cirelli Hagel
Bertuzzi/Toffoli Paul Dukes
Motte Essymont Glenndenning
Sign an enforcer for one million. Add one depth forward from fa or cuse.
Defense
Hedman Tanev/Pesce/Montour
SErgachev Skeji/Pesce/Montour
Lilleberg Grezelyk
Schenn if he takes league minimum
Crozier
I want Stammer back he dserves to retire here, but if he wont take less money to lead a new lightning core then may price himself out of Tampa.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stelio Kontos

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Do I understand correctly that both Sheary and Jeannot are healthy scratches? That's 4.6 million, like whole Ryan O’Reilly. I think JBB is the worst GM in the league right now
Hes the biggest fraud. Handing out terrible contracts with NTC left and right. And wasting draft capital

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
They're shutting down Kuch and now he's going to do something stupid and get suspended for game 3 because he's getting frustrated. This is heading down that 2019 CBJ series road in a hurry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad