IVRpAzK.png

ZUuP9Cc.png

RqCV6a4.png

dXUh8bo.png

nNxmNiD.png

Bozo Nicholson

5 Alarm Fire™
Jun 6, 2015
I expect they will have a much more energetic start, more physical, more shots. But will they be able to turn it into goals or power play attempts? I'm hoping post Art-Ross-hangover-Kuch shows up tonight.
Best case scenario is that Kuch gets offended by Mickey Jesus’s 5 point night and gets his sneeze on.

If we lose, it could be a one way ticket to Sweepy Town, USA.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
This is as close to a must win game as you can get without it being a must win. We can't afford to go down 2-0 because the Panthers are too good of a team to not take advantage of that.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
happy finals game 2 weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee thank you for the threads days im here raring to go....bottom line everything is gonna go well....know we kicked the pooch last game but our history says was bound to happen lol....anyway love you guys even those saying still we will lose life is going great for me but my sister has stage four breast cancer so my priority is to be best brother possible etc...and got some peeps visiting the house for now from michigan at house im staying with sister at for now....we fishing on the regular hopefully in next hour again lol.....till afternoon plan on cooking dinner for everyone so be back for game on time this time and THANK GOD for small or LARGE favors....i couldnt deal with 2nd game being on espn and birdie told me its on bally might have jumped off the pier if was as bad as last game i couldnt see half the game about with the camera espn feed was giving me....maybe mistake with this new google tv but didnt have issues with football games so ya what a mess the telecast was for me ....couldnt even get mad at the guys since missed half the action lol....love to you all as always sorry life has been a bear for me since christmas lost best friend lost two autistic boys he died actually after was watching game for michigan hour later i found him stupid person got the kids and doesnt let me talk to them raised them last 5 years into young gentlemen then sister happened so non stop....but im doing well more active living a lot more then did last 10 years so that is a plus...anyway we going deep take it all in stride we got this goooooooooooooo boltssssssssssssssssss

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Last one wasn't a whole lotta fun
Not getting calls cause they each play like a nun
Can we get a complete effort this game?
Last one was fifty minutes of shame
No way we let these kitty kats win
If we do, what an egregious sin
Hopefully Crozier in and out goes Perbix
Drop him off at a shelter or the neighborhood Publix
What's that you say? Dumba wants to sit
Both of them out would be the coolest shit
Here's to hoping the core shows up
More of those game 1's and we'll sit at three cups
Stamkos leading in points so far
Im writing this with a hand in the cookie jar
If he leads us to the finals, back up the truck
Signing off with this, Ryan Lomberg you are ugly as f***

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
i just thought i would echo what everyone else was already saying and that it's time for jeannot to show that he can make a difference in a game in a physical way, since him scoring seems to be out of the realm of possibility.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Counterpoint: refs swallow their whistles every postseason for lesser infractions, and if we think we can win a cup on special teams alone we deserve to get bounced.

I wonder how many people who repeat this line realize that on average penalties per game go up in the playoffs?

Also you can go team by team and say that if they don't do better at this or that that they deserve to be bounced. Florida fans are doing the same, if they can't avoid taking penalties they deserve to be bounced. Didn't stop the Hawks or Av's from beating us in the finals with gaping holes on their roster.

This is all to say that yes, relying on the arbitrary decision making of the referees is not a winning strategy. Yet that is who we are, and I'm simply pointing it out. We aren't going to fix ourselves from being one of the worst 5v5 GA teams in the league.

YayHockeysBack

Jan 12, 2019
I don't really know what to say . . . both of those quotes (from Cooper, Stamkos) I strongly disagree with. Lightning WERE overwhelmed, and were lucky to only lose by one goal. If there was ever a time to admit they played poorly and commit to bringing more energy, this was it. Saying "the process was good, just no puck luck" is sticking your head in the sand. Hope I'm wrong.

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
I don't really know what to say . . . both of those quotes (from Cooper, Stamkos) I strongly disagree with. Lightning WERE overwhelmed, and were lucky to only lose by one goal. If there was ever a time to admit they played poorly and commit to bringing more energy, this was it. Saying "the process was good, just no puck luck" is sticking your head in the sand. Hope I'm wrong.
They had a good end of 1st and most of the 2nd was good to passable. Most of the 1st and most of the 3rd was putrid. There's a positive spinzone from them to avoid the entire dressing room getting rattled by a subpar Game 1 performance.

It feels like plenty of teams will speak more positively in public media availability but will be honest in private when assessing the game amongst the group

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
yeah, gonna disagree. we buzzed them several times and even easy E hit a crossbar that would have put us ahead. it was a close game, and also not our best.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
yeah, gonna disagree. we buzzed them several times and even easy E hit a crossbar that would have put us ahead. it was a close game, and also not our best.
Basically the way I look it at it, if they actually put in a 60 minute effort last game, it would have been winnable or at least would have gone to OT. Puck luck wasn't completely on our side, Bob was playing well, Vasy was playing good too. The obvious glaring bullshit was most of the third period and basically all of the first.

Steps for this game would be:

1) 60 minute effort
2) Less passing, more shooting
3) Don't force everything to Kuch
4) Dick Punches to the Refs and Cats.

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
I wonder how many people who repeat this line realize that on average penalties per game go up in the playoffs?

Also you can go team by team and say that if they don't do better at this or that that they deserve to be bounced. Florida fans are doing the same, if they can't avoid taking penalties they deserve to be bounced. Didn't stop the Hawks or Av's from beating us in the finals with gaping holes on their roster.

This is all to say that yes, relying on the arbitrary decision making of the referees is not a winning strategy. Yet that is who we are, and I'm simply pointing it out. We aren't going to fix ourselves from being one of the worst 5v5 GA teams in the league.

Penalties go up in the playoffs, but it's largely because of roughing, boarding, slashing, and cross checking calls (ie when games start getting out of hand physically).

Game 1 was very tame in that regard. And as you can see by the chart in that article, holding and hooking penalties are largely under-enforced in the playoffs, which were two of the biggest infractions people were complaining about us not getting PPs for. Florida played a very smart game...they obstructed and held like 90s dead puck teams did, but didn't take it over the line into violent infractions.

We just aren't going to get as many calls if we're not moving our legs. Florida outhustled us. Standing around waiting to make the perfect pass aint gonna cut it.

We need to come out of the gate in Game 2 like we're shot out of a cannon. You can't just expect the refs to give you so many calls. You have to earn them and understand the precedent of what they're likely to call and not.

And at some point we need to just realize that Florida is the way better team 5 on 5, and if they've learned to not play as reckless because giving us PPs gives us more of an advantage then I'll tip my cap to them for that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad