GDT: 4/21/16 - 7:00PM EDT - #3 Detroit VS #2 Tampa Bay [ECQF GAME 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Dude, how's it ever supposed to be a rivalry if you don't even mind losing to them? I suggest to start working on your Panthers hate now!

I'm not like that by nature. Plus they've legitimately been in hockey hell for almost 20 years. I struggle to think of an organization that has wallowed in such a level of mediocrity for so long. I could never despair their success even if it came at out own expense. I'm just not sold on our team this year anyway and if we won the Cup I would be even more shocked than I would've been last year.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
LOL, this is great....

awesome.gif

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Cally played a hell of a third period. More of that, please.

One of, if not the best defensive player of the series. With how hard it was to score goals, for both teams, our pk came up huge and was nearly perfect. Bishop and our ability to keep them at 2 goals or below all series won this thing. Defense wins championships, and that proves true tonight.

DaBolts

Feb 3, 2015
I'm not like that by nature. Plus they've legitimately been in hockey hell for almost 20 years. I struggle to think of an organization that has wallowed in such a level of mediocrity for so long. I could never despair their success even if it came at out own expense. I'm just not sold on our team this year anyway and if we won the Cup I would be even more shocked than I would've been last year.

I'm with you but we need one more round to get "healthier"...

If we have to choose between Washington or Florida, give me the Caps.

Hictor Vedman*

Unregistered Hedman
Sep 30, 2014
Ottawa
I'd say Stamkos has a lot less leverage when it comes to negotiations, and we all know Yzerman can play hard ball.

It's not like Stamkos carried the Lightning anywhere last year when they made the Finals. He was a downright liability for the first round and got a little better as time went on.
Stamkos needs us. Who ever would have thought we'd ever be in a position to say that? :laugh: Yzerman is a wizard, turning this team from an annual mercenary squad, only getting dudes past their prime from free agency, into one of the most exciting teams to watch in the league.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I'm very happy with the win but we have to pick up or game next series bs the islanders or panthers or else we are toast

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Tampa has the easiest path to the finals of any team, sucks that they aren't really playing their best hockey this year.

Washington and Pittsburgh look on another level right now.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL

Meh, that's what they deserve for being awarded a team entirely too soon after us, getting way more favorable expansion draft rules (only reason they made that 1996 run so soon), and calling themselves Florida instead of Miami without having to pay any territory infringement penalty.

Hictor Vedman*

Unregistered Hedman
Sep 30, 2014
Ottawa
I'm with you but we need one more round to get "healthier"...

If we have to choose between Washington or Florida, give me the Caps.
So you want to be eliminated? Okay. Thankfully the choice for the next round is between the Islanders and the Panthers. We'll deal with the Capitals or whomever else if we make it that far. No point counting your eggs before they've hatched.

Or else you become Chicago'd.

DaBolts

Feb 3, 2015
So you want to be eliminated? Okay. Thankfully the choice for the next round is between the Islanders and the Panthers. We'll deal with the Capitals or whomever else if we make it that far. No point counting your eggs before they've hatched.

Or else you become Chicago'd.

We are faster than the Caps.

We can beat them. Trust me.

We have the Force (Killer-Kuch-TyJo) behind us.

Hictor Vedman*

Unregistered Hedman
Sep 30, 2014
Ottawa
We are faster than the Caps.

We can beat them. Trust me.

We have the Force (Killer-Kuch-TyJo) behind us.
Speed isn't everything. They have speed and tenacity, and massive firepower. I bet you wouldn't be gung ho for them if Johnson was the next player to be injured for the rest of the playoffs.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
We really got bailed out by Bish tonight. What a performance.

Really bittersweet winfor me tonight, my grandfather would have been watching this one with me, but he passed away yesterday. He wasn't a Lightning fan but he woulda been cheering on with me.

D2B, how bout that pass eh?

DaBolts

Feb 3, 2015
Speed isn't everything. They have speed and tenacity, and massive firepower. I bet you wouldn't be gung ho for them if Johnson was the next player to be injured for the rest of the playoffs.

Bish is on a mission from God.

Do not doubt the Bish or he will smite you.

Just sayin'.;)

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket

Really bittersweet winfor me tonight, my grandfather would have been watching this one with me, but he passed away yesterday. He wasn't a Lightning fan but he woulda been cheering on with me.

Sorry Crabby. At least the Bolts got the W for you tonight.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

Condolences. I grew up watching hockey with my grandfather, so I went through something similar. All we can really ask for is memories, man. ;) All the best to you and your family.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

That pass was typical Callahan, but he was playing great the entire 3rd, he had to break through at some point. I hope this builds his confidence, and I'm sure Coop is going to keep him in the top 6 to at least start the 2nd round after that period.

Sorry to hear about your grandfather, please give your family my condolences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $2,330.00