Post-Game Talk: 4-2 win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Ignoring wind side, Tarasenko would move CV permanently on Boomer-Chucky line by being on the Barky-Rainman line, and that in turn would solidify the Luo-Lundy-ERod line, giving us Cousins either on the fourth line or in the press box.

Do it Zito, just do it.
Actually I think the play is maybe to get Rhino back down with Luo and Lundy 5v5. Makes the lineup so much deeper.

Tank - Barkov - Rhino
Swaggy - Benny - Chucky

I could live with it, lol

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Feels like we need a LW more than RW to bump down Cousins. But I guess if we get Tarasenko he would slot in on the 3rd and Erod could move back to 1st, then bump Verhaeghe down to 2nd. That would be three really strong lines plus a great 4th.

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
Feels like we need a LW more than RW to bump down Cousins. But I guess if we get Tarasenko he would slot in on the 3rd and Erod could move back to 1st, then bump Verhaeghe down to 2nd. That would be three really strong lines plus a great 4th.
was just typing that. Not sure i like Erod on the 3rd line unless Lundell really picks up (he has somewhat)

Reactions: pantherbot

BeezKnees

Jun 4, 2010
Orlando, FL
This is what I was thinking too. Run back Erod-Barky-Reinhart, V-Bennett-Tkachuk, Luosty-Lundell-Tarasenko which gives Maurice the option of swapping Reino for Tarasenko as needed. Then 4th line of Stenlund with Lomberg and let Gadjo/Cousins compete to stay in the lineup

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
was just typing that. Not sure i like Erod on the 3rd line unless Lundell really picks up (he has somewhat)
Honestly those three have been getting good looks, and it utilizes Erods shot a bit more.

Lomberg - Stenlund - Cousins

Would be fine in the playoffs.

Idiot Stick

Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
Honestly those three have been getting good looks, and it utilizes Erods shot a bit more.

Lomberg - Stenlund - Cousins

Would be fine in the playoffs.
Yeah ill admit both have looked better since the all star break.

Gadjo the odd man out? I like his play better than Cousins

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Oh, sorry, my reasoning for why we could use a RW is that Rodrigues is a good complement on the first line, Verhaeghe is great on either, and then we just desperately need someone who can help the third line score. Seems to me that Tarasenko would be a great, great fit there.

Reactions: pantherbot

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Yeah ill admit both have looked better since the all star break.

Gadjo the odd man out? I like his play better than Cousins
Not sure he is ready for a regular postseason shift, also fighting goes out the window.

Cousins has a longer postseason track record and can play higher if needed.

More flexibility

Idiot Stick

Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
Not sure he is ready for a regular postseason shift, also fighting goes out the window.

Cousins has a longer postseason track record and can play higher if needed.

More flexibility
Cousins honestly is good along the boards and somehow always breaks through into the offensive zone. My only issue is that damn near all the time he loses it shortly after cause he doesnt pass it.

Got me on the playoff part, no idea how Gadjo will do, but the 4th line has looked pretty good with him on it fighting aside.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Cousins honestly is good along the boards and somehow always breaks through into the offensive zone. My only issue is that damn near all the time he loses it shortly after cause he doesnt pass it.

Got me on the playoff part, no idea how Gadjo will do, but the 4th line has looked pretty good with him on it fighting aside.
Love Gadjo, but this is Cousins last run, I just see them playing the veterans, if we make an addition to the forwards who comes out? Cousins? Lomberg? Stenlund? Its Gadjo.

We will need more than 12 forwards, and 6 dmen for the run anyhow. Good to have trusted depth pieces for once.

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
I don't see Gadjo having much value in the playoffs, if some other team dresses a goon then sure why not. But he has very little if any puck skills. Cousins has some but shouldn't be in the top six.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I still think there’s one thing we need to change for the playoffs: Barkov needs two top-6 wingers. Everyone complains how Barky disappears in playoffs but he’s always playing with 1 good guy and 1 scrub. Can’t we for once give him two good guys permanently?

If not, put f***ing Cousins on with Barky to get him from being a burden for others and even he might pot a couple of the multiple empty nets he’ll see.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Love Gadjo, but this is Cousins last run, I just see them playing the veterans, if we make an addition to the forwards who comes out? Cousins? Lomberg? Stenlund? Its Gadjo.

We will need more than 12 forwards, and 6 dmen for the run anyhow. Good to have trusted depth pieces for once.

Yeah I'm not worried about Gadjo sitting to start. There's always injuries in the playoffs so depth is great. Lockwood, Gadjo, Samo, Dalpe, Sourdif as extra forwards are pretty solid.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
@batting1k

1709660187345.png

She's perfect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad