GDT: 4/13/16 - 7:00PM EDT - #3 Detroit VS #2 Tampa Bay [ECQF GAME 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Speaking of 0430, thank you Coop.

No OT is good.

Good night gang, great freaking game. Absolutely what we needed to start this series off.

So much for the "experts" calling for a yawner series....

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Drouin was a beast tonight, even with two(?) penalties, offside on the goal he was still one of the best players out there

I don't care about his penalties and I don't mind his feisty temper either. As the series goes on Detroit will eventually learn he will shove back and after a while Drouin won't be baited into it. Things will balance and all the extracurricular nonsense will die off

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
so true.
and for me it leads to going at it with the other teams fans.
them high emotions. oops.

I thought about going to a local sports bar, for a very rare change, for tonight's game, in part because it would be a new experience, and because I'm going to be out of town for the next two games (I'll be in Orlando) so I won't be back in town until the 4th game, hopefully, the sweep game.

Needless to say, well, it wouldn't have been a mistake, per se', but I'm so laser-locked in on the game, muttering crap left and right, and while I can tone it down whilst in public, well, I don't want to! It's energy that needs to be expended. Holding it in is just as bad as holding in anything else that is begging to be released from the system.

I can't imagine actually being at a game of such magnitude. I really can't. Though, sure, huge goals would certainly be exacerbated in a good way, yes.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
is sad to watch decline in datsyuk and zetterbergs games detroit needs to make a youth movement big time and move on they had chances but not dangerous chances like they would normally have

is sad when you see end of great careers and know they just dont have anything compared to the hall of fame guys they always were

abdelkader that was a very blatent bad hit on paquette and im hoping league takes an action otherwise he will do it till he hurts someone he was out of control today

drouin staying on skates bulling to net getting another chance? where did this guy come from

everyone can biotch all you want about not giving him minutes blah blah blah

this is a different animal than we have ever seen in tampa not sure what he did during his siesta at mommas but dammm it worked hes the real deal and actually doing things already i never thought he would have in the tool box and i also never thought he would be this much of a force on his skates

hes for sure ready so yep maybe we made a lot of mistakes along the way but that is what is now paying off into what he is not sure where this came from cause he was not this tough ever that i saw or as good on skates

Drouin said he did summer weight lifting training during that time he was suspended. Hearing people from juniors he was pissed when Tampa sent him back cried for a while. Then got pissed and crushed it in juniors. Thank goodness yzerman did not trade this guy!

Stormbreaker

Apr 2, 2012

What a wild and crazy ride this season has been. Let's keep it going.

Here's the Drej sidestep of Abdelkader :laugh:

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
I thought about going to a local sports bar, for a very rare change, for tonight's game, in part because it would be a new experience, and because I'm going to be out of town for the next two games (I'll be in Orlando) so I won't be back in town until the 4th game, hopefully, the sweep game.

Needless to say, well, it wouldn't have been a mistake, per se', but I'm so laser-locked in on the game, muttering crap left and right, and while I can tone it down whilst in public, well, I don't want to! It's energy that needs to be expended. Holding it in is just as bad as holding in anything else that is begging to be released from the system.

I can't imagine actually being at a game of such magnitude. I really can't. Though, sure, huge goals would certainly be exacerbated in a good way, yes.

Yeah i have to watch alone i'm simply too nervous to be around anyone who isn't as invested emotionally as i am. I was at game 7 of the ECF in 04, not sure how i got through that. Nope it was alcohol.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Yeah i have to watch alone i'm simply too nervous to be around anyone who isn't as invested emotionally as i am. I was at game 7 of the ECF in 04, not sure how i got through that. Nope it was alcohol.

This series could go 7 in think

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
drouin tonight played a lot like i expected erne to play when he comes up

i totally didnt expect this drouin and know no one has ever seen this drouin hes already a star you can see it everytime hes on the ice now

he always had vision and could skate carry puck but now he will lay someone out he will crash net on two guys and stay on feet and get shots away

i saw a lot of him last few games and im thinking hes a lot like jaden schwartz was when i first started watching him similar type of games besides drouins ability to dangle dazzle

impressed im sold and yes if he plays like this he can be among greatest lifetime bolts kid has it all and definitely has game I didnt even hope he had in him

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
This version of Jonathan Drouin we're seeing is someone who is a bonafide NHL superstar as soon as next season.

The Lightning would be nuts if they let him get away at this point. He's off-limits.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
This version of Jonathan Drouin we're seeing is someone who is a bonafide NHL superstar as soon as next season.

The Lightning would be nuts if they let him get away at this point. He's off-limits.

ya i just posted in main vancouver guy had said tanev and horvat were there off limit guys

i said id want both and still not sure that gets stevie to pick up the phone this kid today? I had no hopes to see him like this I dont know if ive ever been more impressed when he went to net guys all over him thinking ok he goes down nope and gets off a shot with guys hanging all over him unreal

he never showed that much strength not even close hes going to be a top player in this league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad