GDT: 4/13/13 - CBJ @ Wild - 7:00 PM CT - FSN/FS-WI

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
I liked them when they played. They created pressure, Zucker was speedy, Seto was aggressive and Granlund was ok.

But they didn't play the whole game together. I don't know.. rotation, benching, whatever. Maybe Yeo knows more about it.

They had to rotate quite a bit 'cause of Coyle's "headshot".

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Suter was the best guy on the ice last night. Man, we're getting our money's worth from this guy!

MNWILDFAN001

Jul 2, 2010
Minnesota
That was a terrible call on that Coyle hit. Coyle goes straight for a loose puck and braces himself for the hit. Anisimov, who is leaning forward trying to reach the puck, pretty much just runs into Coyle. Coyle better not receive any more punishment.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
No punishment for Coyle, per Russo

@Russostrib
Charlie Coyle faces no discipline. #NHL Dept of Player Safety determined that there was no targeting of Ansimov's head. #mnwild #cbj

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
isn't every goalie in Philly brutal?

Pretty much. Brys was a brick wall in Phoenix, he comes to Philly and well... you remember their series with the Penguins last year right? Yeah.

A friend of mine who is a Flyers fan has pretty much confirmed that Philly is where good goalies go to become bad goalies overnight, thanks to a totally **** defensive system.

No punishment for Coyle, per Russo

THANK GOD. I honestly thought that Shanny would hit Coyle with something because... Shanny...and were Minnesota.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
that's the league pretty much admitting it was a horrible call. where's the punishment for the refs?

^ :handclap:

Refs are human, they make mistakes but sometimes I think they should be called out when they royally screw up. I think this is a prime example. We lost one of our top six forwards last night, that is inexcusable.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
that's the league pretty much admitting it was a horrible call. where's the punishment for the refs?

I know I've brought it up before, but I think there is something that gives them demerits or some crap and they don't get to work the playoff games and junk because of it.

OpRedDawn*

if they're going to make such a crucial call, at least glance at the jumbo tron

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Guys, stop with the anti-Wild bias. It's annoying. It really is. The refs are horrible for all sides of the coin. Not the Wild. It's a new year and a new season. Last year is last year and this year is this year. I'm getting tired of the whining from some of our posters that there is an anti-Wild bias and how the league is conspiring against the Wild. They aren't. So stop bringing it up in threads. It makes our fan base look bad.

Billy Mays Here*

I really enjoyed both Clutter and Seto's physical presence last night, moreso than usual. I hate Brodziak even more though.

Wildfish

Jul 13, 2011
Siberia, ND
Funny how the other teams goalie had managed to steal the game pretty much every night against the Wild recently.

Did people really say that? Emery got a shutout, but did anyone claim he stole the game? Bernier against LA? Elliot in StL? SJ? Dal? Those were team beatdowns, I don't remember many people, anyone for that matter, making the claim the Wild lost because the other goalie "stole" the game.

One thing I did know, guaranteed someone would throw out that old cliche when people like Russo, the Wild players and the Clb players gave BOB the credit he's due.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Did people really say that? Emery got a shutout, but did anyone claim he stole the game? Bernier against LA? Elliot in StL? SJ? Dal? Those were team beatdowns, I don't remember many people, anyone for that matter, making the claim the Wild lost because the other goalie "stole" the game.

One thing I did know, guaranteed someone would throw out that old cliche when people like Russo, the Wild players and the Clb players gave BOB the credit he's due.

To be fair, Bob really did steal the show last night. Have to give credit where credit is due.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
How awful was this loss?

Depends on what the teams under us do. Detroit isn't playing the greatest. Edmonton and Columbus have been playing a lot better than they were before the deadline. We need a lot of help to at least give us a cushion. I honestly believe the games against Calgary and Edmonton are going to be my panic button games.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
How awful was this loss?

IMO getting a point helped to stop the bleeding. They played really well last night, but ran into a hot goalie. **** happens.

If they play the rest of the way with the energy they played with last night, getting to the playoffs wont be an issue.

NHLPodium

Dec 5, 2012
IMO getting a point helped to stop the bleeding. They played really well last night, but ran into a hot goalie. **** happens.

If they play the rest of the way with the energy they played with last night, getting to the playoffs wont be an issue.

Agreed. I watched the replay last night and we had some amazing chances, stopped by an equally amazing goalie.

Fel 96

JFC
Mar 19, 2010
Little Canada
www.youtube.com
Think I forgot to post some pictures from last night.

166545182_slide.jpg

166545198_slide.jpg

166545184_slide.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad