3rd Vezina for Bobrovsky - HHOF?

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
I think, he should care not about Vezina, but about Conn Smythe. With Conn Smythe he's as lock for HHOF as possible.
So you believe Tim Thomas should be in the Hall of Fame? I think he should be.

I find it puzzling how Price is considered among the goats and there are at least 4 guys better than him playing right now just looking at their careers.

He plays in a Canadian market and led all-star teams to the easiest Olympic gold medals of their lives.

Reactions: supermann_98

Ken Wreggets revenge

Sep 28, 2017
I find it puzzling how Price is considered among the goats and there are at least 4 guys better than him playing right now just looking at their careers.

That's what happens when you're a good or even just a half decent (ask Jose Theodore) Canadian goalie playing on the most storied franchise in the NHL. The media will elevate you to near god like status and shower you with individual accolades.

I noticed when I was signing up for my fantasy league this year that Price was ranked 5th overall and was routinely being taken mid first round while a guy like Jonathan Quick was being taken in the 5th-6th rounds. That's when I started taking a good, long look at the career of Price in relation to some of the other goalies around the league. Comparing the careers of Price and Quick, it's clear who is by far the better goalie.

Regular seasonGPWLSV%GAASO
Carey Price510271175.9202.4039
Jonathan Quick493261167.9162.2645
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Both goalies debuted in 2007-08 and their number are fairly even through the regular season, but the playoffs are a different story.

PlayoffsGPWLSV%GAASO
Carey Price602531.9142.545
Jonathan Quick814635.9212.279
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Carey Price takes a step back in the playoffs and his numbers get a little worse, backstopping the Habs to just one conference final and five first round exits in eight playoff runs. Jonathan Quick on the other hand has elevated his game in playoffs. In six playoff runs, Quick has guided the Kings to three conference finals and two Stanley Cups, including a legendary run in 2011-12, finishing with a .946 SV% and a 1.41 GAA on route to winning the Smythe.

I think the myth that Carey Price is anything more than an above average goalie was conceived at the Olympics in 2014 where team Canada was absolutely stacked and heavily favored.

Last edited:

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
Huge fan of Bob, but he has a ways to go even if he wins another Vezina. If he's worthy of the HHOF at the end of his career then that means he'll have at least a third Vezina, 1 Cup and multiple monster playoff performances. Here's hoping.

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
Three Vezinas is elite among the elite. As long as he doesn't just up and quit hockey, then yes, three Vezinas should make him a lock for the HHoF.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
You and I are puzzled about the same thing, trust me. Bob’s resume is better than Price’s, just don’t let the TSN panel hear that or they’ll have a collective aneurysm

I could’ve played goal on those team Canada Olympic teams and it wouldn’t have made a difference

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
It's not helped by the ongoing false narrative that Carey Price is all that stands between the Habs and eternal doomed oblivion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad