Prospect Info: 3rd Overall Pick. Stutzle vs Byfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Lets discuss our third overall pick. Thankfully there doesn't seem to be a talent drop from what I read and the general hype around picks #2, #3.

I think LA will take Byfield as GMs and Scouts put a lot on size, and when Dorion was asked Stutzle vs Byfield he seemed more passionate on his short discussion of Byfield. Personally I would take Byfield if I had the choice but I am so excited for Stutzle!

Last edited:
Reactions: NB613

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Stutzle will probably be it, and I'M OK WITH THAT.

(trying to make myself feel better about a play-in team getting Laf over us)

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
a play in team had the same odds at first overall as we did with both our picks, its really not that shocking. we could have had 5, 6 and instead we get 3, and 5 which is sooo much better. We get to enjoy one of Stutzle/Byfield and draft another top line/pairing player player on top of that.

Lets hope the isles lose the play in and dont win the lottery and we could possibly get another top 15/10 pick.

Emerica

May 29, 2010
I've had Stutzle 2nd in my rankings for a while now so I'd rather have him but I'm just glad we'll get one or the other. Wouldn't have put it past the NHL to bend us over even more

Reactions: DrEasy

K1900L

Dec 27, 2019
It will literally depend on how Stützle will be playin in Germany late August/early September as Byfield probably won't be playing yet.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
either one is fine. But who do the Sens pick at 5? Drysdale , Raymond, Perfetti or Rossi? I take Drysdale.

Reactions: NB613

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
would you guys be fine with Rossi if we go Stutzle? they would both become the best centre on our team instantly, but Norris might complicate it a bit.

Reactions: topshelf15

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Still hoping for Byfield, but most likely Ottawa picks Stuztle, I now expect they might take Sanderson at 5, if Drysdale goes first. This was the outcome I didn't want to happen.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Any guesses who we get at 5?

I would go Raymond or Perfetti at 5 .. Given that we got a C with 3. Would not be sad to take Rossi or Drysdale though. If they want someone with a chance to play this year ( whenever that is) ... Rossi , Lundell may go to the top of the list. I don't think that should be part of the criteria unless they have 2 players very close. Dorion did say something about that though on his interview on TSN1200 a few minutes ago.

Reactions: Sensmileletsgo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad