Line Combos: 3rd line center

mti79

May 11, 2007
Posted this in the 7/1 thread. Probably serves a better purpose here...

I like this idea a lot. Bring in camp bodies and see if anyone meshes. I think we need another C because I don't know if Miller/Lindberg or anyone we have can fill that role. Also would like to use this idea to find a possible replacement for Benoit. Would Leino come cheap enough to see if he fits with Brass and Zucc? Two creative forwards who can distribute the puck and maybe Leino can fill the void and chip in like he did in Philly?

Probably don't have room for him right now, but maybe as a PTO in camp depending on other moves made.

I also like the idea of Nash-Steps-MSL, Kreider-Brass-MZA, Hagelin-Lindberg-Fast, Miller-Moore-Glass....Or with recent events: Bourque-Moore-Bourque

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
I think Lindberg wins the job. Defensively responsible already. Very good on face offs. High hockey IQ. Good all around player.

Make a Swedish line.

Hagelin-Lindberg-Fast

Lindberg? Who's he? Look at the prospect polls, seems he doesn't even exist !

Bucsboy30

Nov 20, 2010
Asbury Park, NJ
Give Ribeiro a PTO, and see if he behaves during training camp. Slats is always up for giving guys second chances.

Although, I imagine the situation had to have been real bad for Arizona to eat that kind of money. Not to mention Maloney would give Slats the low down on him. Maybe not the best idea. :laugh:

I'd definetly take a chance on Ribero and while acknowledging the risk in a cap world u have to take chances like this and hope it pans out.

Give him 2and big bodies capable of finishing off the chances hos superb playmaking creates.

Krieder -Ribero-Nash
Hagelin-Stepan-MSL
MILLER-Brassard-Zucc
Glass-Moore-Fast

If Ribero can bring his playmaking and get Nash going I like the makeup of those lines even better than last season

mti79

May 11, 2007
I'd definetly take a chance on Ribero and while acknowledging the risk in a cap world u have to take chances like this and hope it pans out.

Give him 2and big bodies capable of finishing off the chances hos superb playmaking creates.

Krieder -Ribero-Nash
Hagelin-Stepan-MSL
MILLER-Brassard-Zucc
Glass-Moore-Fast

If Ribero can bring his playmaking and get Nash going I like the makeup of those lines even better than last season

That may be playing with fire if he really has issues with behavior/partying.... Bringing him to NYC may be a ticking timebomb. However, he could be exactly the type of center we need. He's a playmaker like Thornton but would be exponentially cheaper. For 1-2 years, I'd jump at the chance.

Kreider-Ribs-Nash
Hagelin-Stepan-MSL
Miller-Brass-Zucc
Lindberg-Moore-Fast
Glass

mulli25

Jun 25, 2008
NJ
I'm cool with Moore as the #3C and keeping it simple.

Krieder - Stepan - Nash
Miller - Brass - Zucc
Hags - Moore - MSL
Glass - Mueller - Fast

that 4th line is gross (Dorsett - Boyle - Fast would have looked much better), but i fully expect the 4th line to be a little bit of a revolving door for the early part of the regular season until they get it dialed in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad