Prospect Info: #38, Gustav Lindstrom

newfy

Jul 28, 2010

More awesome insight, keep it coming this is the type of discussion that makes people keep coming back to HFboards.

So he lives off of whatever it is a player signing his first contract in Finland makes, paying rent and living costs, still has too siphon away money too pay for a full education and say if Detroit doesn't sign him too a deal at all and in the course of waiting between now and his first year at College he shatters both of his knees ?

If anything, this decision shows a maturity that I value more right now than any perceived talent level.

Lots of options, thats why I'm discussing it. He could've went to the OHL and have a full year of tuition earned already for example while already signing an ELC and making like 90 grand this year alone.

Not to mention like I said, University in Finland is completely free. If he wants to put money away and get a specific degree in another school all the power to him but he can get a free one at home as well.

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI
More awesome insight, keep it coming this is the type of discussion that makes people keep coming back to HFboards.

Lots of options, thats why I'm discussing it. He could've went to the OHL and have a full year of tuition earned already for example while already signing an ELC and making like 90 grand this year alone.

Not to mention like I said, University in Finland is completely free. If he wants to put money away and get a specific degree in another school all the power to him but he can get a free one at home as well.

He's playing amateur so he can play at University of Denver. I like the path, playing in the NCAA seems to produce smart, well-rounded defensemen and he'll have more opportunities after he's done with hockey.

Last edited:

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
lol EVERYONE KNOWS HE IS KEEPING HIS NCAA ELIGIBILITY

They are saying there were other options, obviously the player can choose what he wants in this situation.

Lindstrom tho, kid has been solid.

Reactions: newfy

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI
lol EVERYONE KNOWS HE IS KEEPING HIS NCAA ELIGIBILITY

They are saying there were other options, obviously the player can choose what he wants in this situation.

Lindstrom tho, kid has been solid.

I missed that page lol. Didn't understand the confusion, of course there are other options.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
He's playing amateur so he can play at University of Denver. I like the path, playing in the NCAA seems to produce smart, well-rounded defensemen and he'll have more opportunities after he's done with hockey.

Also, when coming from NCAA, the guys enter the league with bargain cheap ELC (as 22-23 year old), and are more proven than any 20-year old playing with ELC.

These are important players on the time of contending. Come in cheap and be good from day 1, just like Makar. If the team is against the cap then, it will be a huge boost.

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
I still dont really get this decision though, it seems so weird for him to just play a year like this that is so below his skill level. If you value your education, why not play pro and just put money aside from your pay cheques to have a back up for tuition if something does happen? You know damn well being picked that high he is at least going to sign one entry level contract and make about 300 grand USD give or take.

If you end up busting but play a couple extra years of pro before you do it would be ridiculously easy to budget tuition money. Also, dont Finnish kids get free tuition? So he could literally go back to Finland and get a free education anyways?

Definitely seems like a smart kid. Perhaps he has read the statistics on the likelyhood of him being an NHL player with being drafted in the second round and is hedging his bets?

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Let's get this back on topic. Please discuss Lindstrom and not Tuomisto gang. I realize sometimes it cuts across topics but the actual player in the title should have more mentions in a thread page than other people...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad