33rd Overall Jonatan Berggren

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
Wings UFAs this year include:
Suter
Sundqvist
Erne
Plus, we're probably about done with Zadina.
Veleno will take Suter's job.
I wouldn't be surprised if one of Suter or Erne are resigned.
And then Berggren's gotta get in the top 9...
The other thing is, Kasper is coming.
Maybe he starts at wing, but I doubt it. And even if he does, that pushes Ras/Veleno to the wing. Or Copp, I guess.
Making the Wings isn't going to be easy for Berggren.
His best chance probably comes this year if the Wings fall out of the playoff race in time for a deadline sell-off.

Kasper probably pushes one of Veleno or Rasmussen to wing. Erne, Suter and Bustina will be gone. Perron had a weak preseason which is only mildly concerning to me. If it continues I can see him being moved back to St. Louis or a contender at the TDL, and that should allow for Kubalik to move up in the lineup and for Berggren to crack it.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Kasper probably pushes one of Veleno or Rasmussen to wing. Erne, Suter and Bustina will be gone. Perron had a weak preseason which is only mildly concerning to me. If it continues I can see him being moved back to St. Louis or a contender at the TDL, and that should allow for Kubalik to move up in the lineup and for Berggren to crack it.
Perron's probably here until next season's deadline.

Reactions: Gniwder

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Could see him living his contract through, because we need him at the playoffs, on both seasons 2023 and 2024.
I could see him sticking around then signing one or two year extensions until retirement. All depends on how many points he puts up, obviously.

Teams like to have an old vet who knows the ropes around to help the kids. Perron for the forwards and Chiarot on D. Much better than DDK and Gagner.

simonedvinsson

May 26, 2020
this is a bit pedantic (and off-topic). strike me down if you must, mods, but this drives me nuts. "resign" and "re-sign" are completely different words:
  • resign (verb): to give up deliberately; to give up one's office or position, to quit
  • re-sign (verb): to sign again; to rehire by means of a signed contract
when talking about professional athletes, these two words more-or-less mean opposite things. folks around here use them interchangeably, and it makes for a very confusing conversation. maybe i'm alone on this island, but anytime someone in one of these threads uses "resign" in place of "re-sign", i have to re-read their post two or three times to make sense of what they're saying.

and yes, i realize that my aversion to capitalization is hypocritical to the nth degree. feel free to pass the buck back to me on that one.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
this is a bit pedantic (and off-topic). strike me down if you must, mods, but this drives me nuts. "resign" and "re-sign" are completely different words:
  • resign (verb): to give up deliberately; to give up one's office or position, to quit
  • re-sign (verb): to sign again; to rehire by means of a signed contract
when talking about professional athletes, these two words more-or-less mean opposite things. folks around here use them interchangeably, and it makes for a very confusing conversation. maybe i'm alone on this island, but anytime someone in one of these threads uses "resign" in place of "re-sign", i have to re-read their post two or three times to make sense of what they're saying.

and yes, i realize that my aversion to capitalization is hypocritical to the nth degree. feel free to pass the buck back to me on that one.
please use capitalization.

Seriously though, that distinction used to irk me too, but I guess I just got used to it. Except in the rare case of a coach or manager quitting, pretty much any time someone here writes "resign" they mean "re-sign" and now my brain just sees it that way. Where I'll get tripped up is the next time someone says "resign," actually means "resign," and my brain reads it as "re-sign." I'll be confused, and probably scared.

• Haha
Reactions: heyfolks

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
please use capitalization.

Seriously though, that distinction used to irk me too, but I guess I just got used to it. Except in the rare case of a coach or manager quitting, pretty much any time someone here writes "resign" they mean "re-sign" and now my brain just sees it that way. Where I'll get tripped up is the next time someone says "resign," actually means "resign," and my brain reads it as "re-sign." I'll be confused, and probably scared.
Breaking news:

Dan Cleary resigns

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Breaking news:

Dan Cleary resigns
200w.gif

Reactions: SoupNazi

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007
I am resigned to the re-signing of a 1st round bust who'll have a change of scenary by January.

TheOctopusKid

Sep 24, 2010
The dude just can't catch a f***ing break. And it's guys like Healey that make me think the AHL isn't a good place for the kids. f***ing goons taking runs like that.

Normally I would argue that the Griffs serve and important stepping stone to adjust to....blah blah. I think I'm with you. Josh Healey is a 28 year old, middle of the road, career lifer in the No Show taking a f***ing run at Bergs for what purpose?

There's nothing to gain for our kids to be down there. We have a perfectly viable alternative in the SHL at this point. I would say that the argument for GR is our direct control of role, position, and development while we need to come to an informal agreement with the SHL clubs - but with Detroit Front Office: Sweden Edition - headed up by Lids...that seems like less of an issue now.

Detroit or SHL at this point for me

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Shades of Raffi Torres or Steve Downey, just complete and total disregard for the future lives of fellow players. And nowhere near the play (puck was behind the net already).

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
I don’t see anything illegal about that hit.

“Wrong” In the sense that you’re looking to hurt someone? Maybe, yeah, if you don’t like that in your hockey. But not illegal

Reactions: Holden Caufield

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
I don’t see anything illegal about that hit.

“Wrong” In the sense that you’re looking to hurt someone? Maybe, yeah, if you don’t like that in your hockey. But not illegal

Intentionally hurting someone isn’t illegal? How about leaving your feet for a hit? Or putting a forearm into another player’s head?

Reactions: Realgud

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Intentionally hurting someone isn’t illegal? How about leaving your feet for a hit? Or putting a forearm into another player’s head?
I mean no, laying a big hit isn’t illegal just because it’s a big hit.

His feet were on the ground and his elbow was tucked down low against his body when he initiated contact

Reactions: Holden Caufield

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad