'31 Teams in 31 Days' - OHL Prospect Reviews

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Brock can you elaborate a bit on Hoefenmayer's skating? Pre-draft you called it average. In this review you noted he has good mobility and compared him to Capobianco, who I'd consider to be a very good skater.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

I hope your projection for his point totals happen, Brock. Because I'm worried about this pick. Typically, even guys who end up being stay-at-home defenders at the NHL level produced good numbers in junior. Very few defenders who can't even produce in junior end up being regular NHLers.

But you're right, health is probably the biggest thing this season. Health and at least some signs of him having the upside offensively to think he can play in the NHL in the modern game (ie. puck movement in transition).

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Brock can you elaborate a bit on Hoefenmayer's skating? Pre-draft you called it average. In this review you noted he has good mobility and compared him to Capobianco, who I'd consider to be a very good skater.

Yeah, I can see how that would be confusing. I'd consider Hoefenmayer's skating to be about average, which I'd also say is good. Basically what I'm saying is that his skating is not a hindrance IMO, but it's also not terrific. I think the average for an OHL player is to be a good skater. Hopefully that makes sense.

Continuing to work on his explosiveness would make him that much more dangerous as an offensive player and would allow him to be more of a factor leading the rush and evading the forecheck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad