30-in-15: Ottawa Senators 2015-16 Season Preview

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I'm afraid it needs a little work.

1. Jared Cowen is missing entirely.

2. Legwand was terrible down the stretch and had his icetime and responsibilities reduced significantly. So I'm not sure how it's related to the PP.

3. Hammond will not start the season in net.

4. Michalek isn't really part of the offensive puzzle of the Senators anymore. He's more of a secondary scorer at this stage.

5. A big part of Stone's inability to score in the playoffs may be related to Subban causing a microfracture of his wrist in Game 1 with a slash.

6. Mark Fraser has been waived.

Also, there are some grammar issues.
-Clarke MacArthur
-"Reigning Norris Trophy winner Erik Karlsson will lead this defense, and should find themselves fortunate they will have his line mate Mark Methot healthy to start the season."

Last edited:

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I don't even know why i bother reading such **** articles anymore.

It is chunk full of mistakes that you just lost a ton of credibility in my books.

Also, your just another writer who seems to think that change= good while no change = bad.

Last edited:

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
It seems to be written by someone who doesn't follow the team, doesn't really know the team & written from an outsider's or peripheral perspective. Maybe even if they spent a marginal amount of time in this forum they may have learned a little more about the team, lineup, strengths & weaknesses.

BTW Hammond was not a fan favourite when he first came up, he was basically an unknown AHL goalie with a mediocre record in the AHL, he wasn't a fan favourite until he was 5 or more wins into that historical run he had at the end of last season which drizzled out in the playoffs unfortunately. Prince & Wideman both have a good shot of eventually making their way into the lineup. Most believe Greening will eventually be waived & spend the yr in Binghamton leaving Prince, Neil & Chiasson to be dooking it out all yr for the last two forward spots. Most also believe that this is Neil's & Phillips last yr as Ottawa Senators.

Here is the lineup most predict will start the yr in Ottawa:
MacArthur - Turris - Stone
Hoffman - Zibanejad - Ryan
Michalek - Pageau - Lazar
Chiasson - Z. Smith - Neil/Prince/Greening

Methot - Karlsson
Wiercioch - Ceci
Cowen - Boroweicki/Wideman/Phillips

Anderson - Hammond - Hammond will not be taking the #1 job away from Anderson anytime soon, unless Anderson gets injured again or Hammond goes on another miracle run which again no one thinks is possible.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I don't even know why i bother reading such **** articles anymore.

It is chunk full of mistakes that you just lost a ton of credibility in my books.

Also, your just another writer who seems to think that change= good while no change = bad.

Whereas I agree with your general sentiment (albeit to a less extremist extent), there is some serious irony within your post.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Whereas I agree with your general sentiment (albeit to a less extremist extent), there is some serious irony within your post.

tumblr_lznmlmJ6xQ1ql5yr7o1_400.gif

BigBush*

predicting Zibanejad to lead the team in points is truly crazy

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
How can you speculate Hammond starts, when Coach and GM have expletive said that Andy is the starter?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad