GDT: #30 Ducks @ Stars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
wasted opportunity tonight, way outplay a team and our goalie couldn't do his job, I bet Bernier gets the next start.

can you please explain how bernier couldve saved any of the shots that gibson let in tonight? If anyone deserves blame tonight its the skaters blowing coverage and making stupid dzone mistakes

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA
can you please explain how bernier couldve saved any of the shots that gibson let in tonight? If anyone deserves blame tonight its the skaters blowing coverage and making stupid dzone mistakes

Gibson wasn't at fault. Some posters have their minds made up ahead of time (still ******** that the Ducks didn't keep Andersen) and use stupid reasons like the game tonight to reinforce their opinions.

"Niemi outplayed Gibson"

I'd say it was more of their offense outplayed our defense.

Maybe we should see if the Stars will trade Niemi for Gibson. He seems to be the much better goalie. :sarcasm:

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Gibson wasn't at fault. Some posters have their minds made up ahead of time (still ******** that the Ducks didn't keep Andersen) and use stupid reasons like the game tonight to reinforce their opinions.

"Niemi outplayed Gibson"

I'd say it was more of their offense outplayed our defense.

Maybe we should see if the Stars will trade Niemi for Gibson. He seems to be the much better goalie. :sarcasm:

Gibson made the stops he should have. Niemi made a number that he shouldn't have. Being outplayed doesn't mean you played poorly.

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA
Gibson made the stops he should have. Niemi made a number that he shouldn't have. Being outplayed doesn't mean you played poorly.

It also doesn't warrant "Gibson sucks". That is clearly posters who already have their mind made up.

You're correct though, I just think that their offense outplayed our defense is a more accurate description.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Veteran presence my arse. The only experience Bieksa's bringing is failure.

I'm still mad.

To be honest his sense of humor is ok and he seems to be a nice guy in the locker room.

... that being said, that is not nearly close to 4M, NMC value :(

To grind everyones gears (including mine) for example maybe we could have kept Perron if not for this contract

caliamad

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
1) we need to finish on our powerplay we couldve put the game away in the first
2) Vat need to contribute
3) Our skaters left way too many stars alone in the slot/ in front of the net in scoring positions
4) Gibson isnt the best goalie but he played well tonight and NONE of the goals he let in were his fault. The only one he even had a chance on tonight was the screened shot by johns. He had no chance on the hamhuis going backdoor. Perry batting it back into the net or the Jamie benn perfect redirect play.

Actually I just rewatched the Benn goal and he did get a piece of it but I still dont blame him because that tip redirection was still a really difficult play to read and save

Agree 100%. Kesler was just as guilty and bieska on hamhuis goal.

Nieman good game + bad pp/puck luck + bad 3rd period defensive coverage = loss.

Vatanen on cracknell goal was just stupid. Go for the puck small fry.

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
crappy 3rd all around. Defense is primarily to blame, but coming up empty on all those off man rushes/PP chances is killing us, too.

I will echo some here in saying many of those goals were not Gibson's fault, but overall, I'm still impressed with "the fish".

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
crappy 3rd all around. Defense is primarily to blame, but coming up empty on all those off man rushes/PP chances is killing us, too.

I will echo some here in saying many of those goals were not Gibson's fault, but overall, I'm still impressed with "the fish".

Who is ''the fish''?

O`fish`als? :sarcasm: No i honestly don`t know and din`t saw the game

Oct 18, 2011
It also doesn't warrant "Gibson sucks". That is clearly posters who already have their mind made up.

You're correct though, I just think that their offense outplayed our defense is a more accurate description.

I am not a Gibson sucks guy, but your goalie has to make a couple of top tier saves a night. We way outplayed the stars until they tied it, because Niemi made those saves.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
I am not a Gibson sucks guy, but your goalie has to make a couple of top tier saves a night. We way outplayed the stars until they tied it, because Niemi made those saves.

Did you see the save be made on Benn on that one timer with the locker, there you go Andersen wouldn't have had that one.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

Its the team as a whole we struggle with consistency.

And honestly what the hell does kevin bieska do.. 1 point in almost 30 games, basically a pylon in the defensive zone... why is he still allowed to play hockey

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
What a load of *********. Dominate up until going up 2-1 and then just let Dallas score 5 unanswered. Most of the forwards had great games, good on the defense for going to sleep and stop playing in the third to waste the effort.

Gibson wasn't to blame but he wasn't great. Andersen wouldn't have fared much better, those saying he didn't have consistency issues are being history revisionists.

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
Its the team as a whole we struggle with consistency.

And honestly what the hell does kevin bieska do.. 1 point in almost 30 games, basically a pylon in the defensive zone... why is he still allowed to play hockey
what-exactly-would-you-say-you-do-here.jpg

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
More like is covering for Cam because he is now on the fly everytime he gets it (which is a good thing) just needs a different partner.

I'm not sure I buy that. It's not like Fowler is leaving him high and dry defensively, or that Fowler is stepping on his toes at every opportunity, or being selfish with the puck. Sami has the puck on his stick plenty. He's just not doing much with it.

Unless there is a coach mandate that we aren't aware of, they have the exact same opportunity to influence the game right now. I just think Vatanen thrives on being given time and space, while Fowler creates his own time and space.

DuckRogers10

Feb 3, 2016
Cypress, CA
Thoughts:

Get Bieksa off the God damn team.

We're up 2-1 and Carlyle goes with Theo-Bieksa on the PK? ****ing ******.

Vatanen was ****.

Fowler, Lindholm, and Manson were solid.

I thought the top line was solid. 4th line was okay aside from Crammer's **** up. 2nd line was pretty sloppy tonight. 3rd line was invisible.

Carlyle should just practice 2 on 1's at practice. They were **** poor. Same with 5 on 3's. Needed quick passes, and we decide to slow it down for some reason.

This game was basically them executing and their goalie making "the save". We didn't execute and Gibby continues to show that we traded the wrong goalie.

Nailed it!:handclap:

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA

Agreed, he didn't. There are some posters who are going to reflexively overprotect him as well. Try being me where you complained about both goalies, it's way more fun :laugh:

How many odd man breaks did we have though? Our forwards outplayed their defensemen pretty spectacularly as well.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
What a garbage performance, Dallas were awful and Anaheim let them hang around all game and then they crumble in the 3rd period - another 2 points thrown away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad