PGDT-Poll: #30| Chicago Blackhawks @ New York Islanders | Players of the Game Poll | F/W 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Underboss

Dec 20, 2006
Florida
Please vote for your Players of the Game. Multiple votes allowed. New voting system this season.

All roster players who are suited for the game will be listed and eligible for votes, minus the back up goalie unless he plays. Each players vote total will go in the standings listing. So if Tavares gets 5 votes for Game 1 and 10 votes for Game 2, his point total would be 15 points.

Each user can vote for each player once. Just check all the boxes you want to vote for and then click vote.

So go ahead and vote for your Players of the Game!!! Thread will be open near end of game.

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
Vis has been stepping it up with the other D down.

Gave a vote to Griff thought he did play pretty well tonight.

Also threw a vote to the other goal scorers.

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
Clutterbuck, Okposo, Reinhart, and Visnovsky.

Clutterbuck had his best game as an Islander IMO. Got under the Blackhawks skin, scored a huge goal, made a big play at the end of the game to hold the puck in their zone to get the win. Duncan Keith was clearly affected by Clutterbuck tonight.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
Just watched the game this morning. Gotta say, those final 2 minutes were a thing of beauty.

From Tavares' little chip pass to Okposo to clear the zone and lead to a chance at 18:15(btw, Reinhart was right there with Okposo crashing the net - I loved it); de Haan single-handedly rubbing out smith along the boards, taking the puck from him and clearing at 18:35; Strome completely shadowing Kane, and ultimately intercepting the pass and getting the near empty netter at 19:20(my God has this kid's overall game really come a long way); de Haan and Martin breaking up the entry and clearing just seconds later at 19:30; Strome winning a HUGE draw with 11 seconds left, Martin getting the clear, and obviously Clutterbuck showing the hustle to negate the icing.

I loved this aggressive strategy. Instead of sitting back and trying to clog the lanes, they were all over Chicago in the defensive zone and it didn't just limit chances, it basically prevented them. The only chance I can remember was the Kane "almost-one timer" that Strome negated by being quick to cover him, and the Keith slapper that missed the net. So much to be happy about in those final 2, from everyone, but mostly Strome, Clutter, and de Haan(who was on for what looked like the final 1:30).

Hopefully Cappy keeps using this strategy when protecting leads in pressure situations. It apparently works better than sitting back and watching with your stick held out.

Islanderfan17

Aug 24, 2010
I personally didn't really notice KO last night aside from his goal. My votes go to Halak, Clutterbuck, Vis and Martin.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
Just watched the game this morning. Gotta say, those final 2 minutes were a thing of beauty.

From Tavares' little chip pass to Okposo to clear the zone and lead to a chance at 18:15(btw, Reinhart was right there with Okposo crashing the net - I loved it); de Haan single-handedly rubbing out smith along the boards, taking the puck from him and clearing at 18:35; Strome completely shadowing Kane, and ultimately intercepting the pass and getting the near empty netter at 19:20(my God has this kid's overall game really come a long way); de Haan and Martin breaking up the entry and clearing just seconds later at 19:30; Strome winning a HUGE draw with 11 seconds left, Martin getting the clear, and obviously Clutterbuck showing the hustle to negate the icing.

I loved this aggressive strategy. Instead of sitting back and trying to clog the lanes, they were all over Chicago in the defensive zone and it didn't just limit chances, it basically prevented them. The only chance I can remember was the Kane "almost-one timer" that Strome negated by being quick to cover him, and the Keith slapper that missed the net. So much to be happy about in those final 2, from everyone, but mostly Strome, Clutter, and de Haan(who was on for what looked like the final 1:30).

Hopefully Cappy keeps using this strategy when protecting leads in pressure situations. It apparently works better than sitting back and watching with your stick held out.

How about employing this strategy on our PK? I don't get how they don't try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad