3 Stars of the Game for 1/6 vs. CAR

Who were the three best players for the Blues against Carolina?

• Schenn

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Toropchenko

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thomas

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Saad

• Kyrou

• Walker

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Kapanen

• Neighbours

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Sundqvist

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Buchnevich

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Vrana

• Leddy

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • Scandella

• Krug

• Perunovich

• Kessel

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Parayko

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Binnington

Votes: 26 96.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Last game had the following 3 stars:
Thomas-100%
Parayko-89%
Binnington-58%

Who do you think were the three best Blues tonight? Discuss.

Current standings:

Thomas-9
Parayko-6
Hofer-3.5
Binnington-2
Perunovich-2
Neighbours-1
Kyrou-.5

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
How is Walker barely getting any votes? Figured him and Binnington would be obvious while the third star is up for debate.

Reactions: STLegend

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
How is Walker barely getting any votes? Figured him and Binnington would be obvious while the third star is up for debate.
Nice that he scored, but he was not noticeable beyond the goal. It was one of only 2 shots, he had no other stats (hits, blocks, etc..), and played just 7:28, which was over 3 minutes less than anyone else on team. like other than goal, which he was gifted great opportunity, I hardly knew he was dressed.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Nice that he scored, but he was not noticeable beyond the goal. It was one of only 2 shots, he had no other stats (hits, blocks, etc..), and played just 7:28, which was over 3 minutes less than anyone else on team. like other than goal, which he was gifted great opportunity, I hardly knew he was dressed.

Yeah it's REALLY nice he scored, which was the most important play of the game on the Blues side. Plenty of guys had chances to score but they couldn't get it done despite getting a lot more ice time than Walker. If this game was at Enterprise Center he'd be a lock for one of the 3 stars and I see he's listed as the 2nd star on ESPN for last night's game. But I digress...

EDIT: AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE OI OI OI 🇦🇺

Last edited:
Reactions: LogosBlue

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
If not for the goal the Blues lose 1-0 in regulation lol. It’s a pretty big deal…

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
If not for the goal the Blues lose 1-0 in regulation lol. It’s a pretty big deal…

If not for good defensive plays dozens of times throughout the game, Blues lose 2-1. If not for the pass that sprung Walker for the goal, Blues lose 1-0. Goals are important, but its reasonable to pass someone who had 1 goal and did nothing else. I mean why vote for this if we are just giving it to the goal scorers? We can just see who has the most goals at the end of the year.

Reactions: Blueston

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
If not for good defensive plays dozens of times throughout the game, Blues lose 2-1. If not for the pass that sprung Walker for the goal, Blues lose 1-0. Goals are important, but its reasonable to pass someone who had 1 goal and did nothing else. I mean why vote for this if we are just giving it to the goal scorers? We can just see who has the most goals at the end of the year.
Except the Walker and Sundqvist line played well despite the goal, spent the majority of their ice time in the offensive zone.

Giving Leddy a star because he played a lot of minutes doesn’t make a whole lot of sense considering he got hemmed in the D zone constantly. Nobody is singing his praises if Binnington didn’t play great.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Except the Walker and Sundqvist line played well despite the goal, spent the majority of their ice time in the offensive zone.

Giving Leddy a star because he played a lot of minutes doesn’t make a whole lot of sense considering he got hemmed in the D zone constantly. Nobody is singing his praises if Binnington didn’t play great.

Hemmed in because he was out there against better comp. Playing 27 minutes ES and PK with mostly D-zone starts against the other team's top line and not giving up a goal is a good game. Binnington was good, but he wasn't shelled. He faced 30 shots and Leddy was out there for half the game. Compare that to 7.5 minutes against the other team's bottom 6. I didn't vote for Leddy, but I can see that argument.

Reactions: Blueston

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017

I'd say goals are pretty important. I'd even argue that you can't win games if you don't score goals. Schenn hasn't scored in 15 games, Kap just went 22 games without a goal, so it's pretty impressive that Walker steps right into the lineup and makes an impact in 8 minutes of ice time. I thought it would be obvious that the guy who scores the only goal in regulation would be a shoo in for one of the three stars, but the takes on this forum never cease to amaze me.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Binnington picks up the first star bringing his total to 5, Parayko the second star and now up to 8, and Leddy narrowly squeezes out the third star to get on the board.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad