GDT: #3 - NSH @ NJ - Devils looking to get off the ..Schneid vs Nashville

Status
Not open for further replies.

CKPLAYA

Ping Pong Ball Enthusiast
Nov 24, 2009
Parts Unknown
My comment wasn't meant to be really directed at one person, more a general observation. I just think Matteau is taking a disproportionate amount of blame in this thread considering the small role he plays on this team and the fact that he just came up from the AHL.

He's meant to be a third/fourth liner on this team, not a first/second liner, and he's not got the experience that some of our other forwards do. At the end of the day, even if he had played well, he probably wouldn't have made much difference in the games he played. He's much more of a depth player than an impact player. There are much bigger reasons we lost the first three games than Matteau.

You're right about that. There are much bigger reasons for losing the first three games however, matteau has yet to show any signs that he has the tools to become a contributor at the nhl level. That's what I think is concerning now. He doesn't seem to do anything exceptionally well or play a certain where you can sit there and say he's got this going for him.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
You're right about that. There are much bigger reasons for losing the first three games however, matteau has yet to show any signs that he has the tools to become a contributor at the nhl level. That's what I think is concerning now. He doesn't seem to do anything exceptionally well or play a certain where you can sit there and say he's got this going for him.

I liked what I saw from Matteau in his call-up last year. I think he did bring some physicality and crashing the net, and I believe he scored one goal then because of that.I also thought he skated better than he had in the past.

However, I haven't liked his game as much during the pre-season or during the beginning of regular season. I don't know whether that's because he's young and inconsistent or because he doesn't have what it takes to contribute at the NHL level in the future. Right now, though, there really isn't much we can do except to play him in appropriate situations and hope to see further development.

NJD Kula

THE SPITFIRES LINE
Jan 16, 2009
По&#1082
www.rshl.org
This team is 76ersing it into last place this year, not sure we should be looking for anyone to do well although I was hoping to see positives from the defense and they have held up nicely.

The empty net goals will look ****** on the stat sheet but owell. This team isn't going to win games by scoring goals. Here's to #1 pick and adding Stamkos in the off season to cure all woes.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
My expectations are 30 wins and for Yayo to score15/30. Too high? Its looking like it

Unfortunately yes. Yayo got way overhyped during the preseason. My hopes are that the young core of this team can bond over time and that eventually these will be games that set the foundation for a new championship team. This is going to be a multi year process with hopefully smart drafting and good FA pickups.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Just looked at the standings and was shocked to see that there are still a whopping EIGHT teams with no wins.

The Devils stink, but they're not alone.

EVERY-CLOUD-HAVE-A-SILVER-LINING.jpg

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
So we're last in shots created (20.8) per 60 minutes-5v5? Not that I'm shocked.... I think we can be somewhat competitive but expect an avalanche of 1 & 2 goal losses.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
So we're last in shots created (20.8) per 60 minutes-5v5? Not that I'm shocked.... I think we can be somewhat competitive but expect an avalanche of 1 & 2 goal losses.

Same ol' same ol'. Not unexpected, but frustrating. There is just so little offensive talent out there. The combined offensive skill of this team is probably on par with the offensive talent of most teams third lines...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad