GDT: 3/9/24 - 7:00PM EDT - Philadelphia vs Tampa Bay

Bozo Nicholson

5 Alarm Fire™
Jun 6, 2015
Rocky Johnson is a coach in Philly? That guy is one of the most pure goons in the history of minor league hockey.
1710039138268.gif

Tampa22

Eternally grateful TBL enforcers!
Oct 11, 2010
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Rocky Johnson is a coach in Philly? That guy is one of the most pure goons in the history of minor league hockey.
A legend!!! Rocky hockey is working with the flyers. Remember him playing some games with the flames, great scrapper.

Great game overall, lot of time without playing a game like that, very complete in all the 4 lines. Great start for the new guys! Wish Watson stay in the 4th line but he always is the easy piece to replace. Nice to see a SO by Vassy. Flyers played without lot of players but two golden points for us!!!

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Saw the replay on Cernak's injury. It didn't seem like an Achilles, but the way his leg twisted quickly and he went down is always worrisome re: the knee ligaments. Hopefully he just twisted/sprained the knee and he can be back soon.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I hope Duke makes me eat fing crow all year long.

I welcome it. I need it
He looked really good to me. Good awareness. Made a little one-touch to Stamkos on a rush.

Best of all, it seemed like he and Stamkos had some chemistry, which is pretty rare. But Stamkos found him a couple of times without looking around for him.

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
What a win. Forward lines looked much better, defense was solid outside of Cernak's injury. Big Cat shutout is always great, especially because they usually give up in the final 3 minutes to ruin it for him.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
He looked really good to me. Good awareness. Made a little one-touch to Stamkos on a rush.

Best of all, it seemed like he and Stamkos had some chemistry, which is pretty rare. But Stamkos found him a couple of times without looking around for him.
agreed 100% - if anything these guys gave everyone a boost

And we needed something. Vasy with the shut out too

Hope that switch still works

Reactions: Pierre Larouche

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty

Lmao. Some of you guys posted some 10/10s tonight. Hats off.

Just watched the game. Eyssimont skates so recklessly it worries me he's gonna get absolutely clobbered some day but he keeps proving me wrong. He played great.

Hedman looked very good. Raddysh learned from Kuch and sneezed a few points out effortlessly. Dumba was decent but looked a bit overwhelmed or panicked a few times. Solid overall though. He's very aggressive and rovers more than anybody on the back end which is different. Duclair looked very good. Definitely a stick waver on defense but offensively, he looked good with Stamkos. Hope those two keep it simple and just fire pucks at the net. That combo looked competent which is a rare thing on a second line for us for damn near a decade. Bottom six looked good as Sheary remembered how to play hockey. Can't believe it.

Vasy was strong and remembered his blocker is his friend, willing and ready to stop pucks. Good to see.

Last but not least, I love torts lmao. Randorf with the "I'm not f***ing leaving" reference was too good. Modin, Richards and Lukowich were getting a kick out of that.

Maelmoor

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
Great win, hopefully they can build on this, also against a team that is also fighting for a playoff spot in the East!

- Raddysh with a 5 point night :cool:
- Hopefully this will give Vasy confidence, we need to find the old Vasy!
- Feels like the new guys gave some energy, really liked what Duclair brought

As said, a perfect night apart from Cernaks injury, hopefully he is alright!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad