GDT: 3/9/13 - 7:00PM EDT - Montréal VS Tampa Bay

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
Oh? There was a much different tune being sung after the first 40.

I'm totally with the people saying you can't win just playing half or two-thirds of the game, but I also think it's absolute nonsense to go without mentioning how drastically the flow of the game changed after that goal. That's turning on the hate a bit too strong for my tastes.

Would love to know what Guy told the team in the 2nd intermission that made them die in the 3rd.

They didn't generate any shots on goal prior to the first questionable goal. Momentum shifted the moment they walked onto the ice in the 3rd. They were playing prevent defense. In a back and forth sport, this equates to a prevent offense (for yourself).

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
If it happened one or two games, you'd be right. This **** happens every damn night now.

Bingo. It's largely a coaching issue. I can't see any other reason. Fire Boucher and everyone under him, bring in some shmo for the rest of the season, hire Cooper in the offseason.

Ten88Nineteen

May 22, 2011
If it happened one or two games, you'd be right. This **** happens every damn night now. Also, if one bad no call goes against you and you fold up your tent and go home, **** it, you don't deserve to be watched or have people buy tickets.

I agree, but I think it was much more that it gave Montreal life than anything.

They didn't generate any shots on goal prior to the first questionable goal. Momentum shifted the moment they walked onto the ice in the 3rd. They were playing prevent defense. In a back and forth sport, this equates to a prevent offense (for yourself).

Let's be fair. The shots were 1-0 at the point Hedman tripped Desharnais. The PP was at 1:49, after all, and the goal was scored right as it ended.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
The Crunch players must feel like they're in the twilight zone. Nothing about the Bolts is remotely close to the Crunch in the swagger or vision or commitment to winning. The Crunch last year simply didn't contemplate losing. It never entered their decision making and doubt was as foreign a concept to them as "solid goaltending and D" is to the Lightning.

Ten88Nineteen

May 22, 2011
They did seem to be putting it together, and once again Boucher over coaches and messes up the lines. I actually am starting to feel sorry for the players. Why was Palat and Conacher benched ??? Both have been playing well ? Croombeen gets more ice time than them ? THE COACH IS THE PROBLEM THIS TEAM HAS TOO MUCH SKILL FOR THIS !!!!

Agreed completely with that part. Also, I really don't like what's happened with Hall this season.

I still think it's too soon to be calling for Boucher's head, but I also have no clue what he thinks he's doing at this point. It goes to show just how far behind they've been this season that I can even say this... but he passes up great chances to empty the net time and time again, waits until below 1:30, and then does it when they don't even have full control. I know it's the least of our worries, but damn.

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
I agree, but I think it was much more that it gave Montreal life than anything.

Let's be fair. The shots were 1-0 at the point Hedman tripped Desharnais. The PP was at 1:49, after all, and the goal was scored right as it ended.

Sure, but the team rarely exhibits resilience. When they get punched, do they punch back or keep getting punched?

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
On the bright side everybody, at least we now have this:

forcehockey_medium.gif

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
Can we go back to the lockout now? That way I don't have to care anymore.

We've got a better chance at a high pick with the season on. Let's face it, the cup would be tainted anyway. This is really the best way to do it.

Darth Corgi

Dec 23, 2011
Florida
It's the D and goalie.

Carle does these no look drop passes that seem to never land where they are intended. Hes good but doesn't play smart all the time. For what he's making, he needs to. We need to bone up the depth of the rest of our defense or who's here has to step up.

And we need a solid starting goalie like yesterday!

I don't think coaching is the problem though I question the goalie coach situation....not sure he is doing all he can.

This team has so much talent. They just need to dig in and want it. It seems what is lacking cant easily be put into words. Passion, emotion, desire, drive, ....whatever you want to call it, It needs to awaken.

C'mon Bolts!

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
You become numb after awhile. Like the 1k yard stare after combat operations.

At least I'm getting used to losing. I ain't even mad.

Disappointed. But not mad like I used to be :laugh:

Glad Im not the only one, I go into games expecting a loss now, OTL at best.

Luongo and Schneider haven't been playing like #1's either...

Luongo hasn't been playing at his best, still has a 2.19 gaa and .912 save %... what do we have?

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
But they're going to miss Guy's excellent coaching if it's players only!

Not even going to debate Guy's coaching. There are some questionable things he does for sure. Everybody has seen it. The ice time distribution is inexplicable right now. I'm pretty damn sure though that the players need to start holding themselves accountable at some point. I've been preaching it and I will continue to. Absolutely no reason for the captain to disappear. No reason why Purcell should continue to need a boot up his ass to play like we know he can. The list goes on and on.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
Not even going to debate Guy's coaching. There are some questionable things he does for sure. Everybody has seen it. The ice time distribution is inexplicable right now. I'm pretty damn sure though that the players need to start holding themselves accountable at some point. I've been preaching it and I will continue to. Absolutely no reason for the captain to disappear. No reason why Purcell should continue to need a boot up his ass to play like we know he can. The list goes on and on.

Honestly, the players only meeting was long overdue, but a meeting like that is only necessary when the coach ****ing sucks.

I can't explain his first season. The 1-3-1 was somewhat of a novelty, so maybe it threw teams for a loop. Ohlund was playing well and Brewer played great when he got here, and we got excellent goaltending from Roli. He's been riding that success for awhile though, and that train is out of steam.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad