Pre-Game Talk: 3/8/18 - CBJ vs COL (Game Prediction thread)

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
| 3/8/18 |
:cbjVS :avs
CBJ Prediction Game Rules

*MUST get your prediction in before puck drop!*

• Guess the correct winning team = 2 POINTS
• Incorrectly guess the winning team = -2 POINTS
• Guess the correct final score = 3 POINTS
• Correctly guess a goal scorer = 2 POINTS
• Incorrectly guess a goal scorer = -1 POINT
• Correctly guess a shutout = 4 POINTS
• Incorrectly guess a shutout = -2 POINTS

Few notes:
-
If you think someone is going to score more than once.. put an x(number) by their name.. for example; Panarin x2.
- If you think a game is going to go into OT, put it next to your final score prediction. You do not get extrapoints for this but you can brag that you correctly guessed if the game will end in reg. or OT or a S/O. :sarcasm:

*I’ll be updating this thread with the prediction results,immediately after the conclusion of each game*

Last edited:

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Just a few changes to the rules starting tonight:

To prevent someone from picking a high score game total every time to maximize their point total, for every goal scorer they choose that doesn’t score a goal, they get -1 point (instead of correctly guessing a goal scorer which is +2 points).

This will force us all to guess the goal scorers strategically and not just guess 5-6 goalscorers per team a game. I think this is fair.

One last rules change:

Incorrectly guess a shutout = -2 points.

That way people aren’t guessing a shutout every game to maximize their point opportunity totals. I knew that there had to be some way(s) to prevent these two things from happening, and decided negative point totals is best for these situations! These two rules should balance it all out now.

Thanks for for participating, good luck tonight!

Last edited:
Reactions: Cyclones Rock

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
4-2 CBJ

Panarin
Vanek
Bjorkstrand
Murray

MacKinnon
Comeau

I'm assuming I'll be double digit negative by the end of the year.

PS. Thanks for organizing this @CBJSTH

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
4-2 CBJ

Panarin
Vanek
Bjorkstrand
Murray

MacKinnon
Comeau

I'm assuming I'll be double digit negative by the end of the year.

PS. Thanks for organizing this @CBJSTH

I think the remainder of the year will be test/trial for the point values.. I am open to any suggestions/improvements. I came up with the point totals myself and am hoping that it doesn’t lead to mostly negative point totals. We’ll see. And no problem @Monk! I think it adds a little excitement to each game. Thanks for participating, friend.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I think the remainder of the year will be test/trial for the point values.. I am open to any suggestions/improvements. I came up with the point totals myself and am hoping that it doesn’t lead to mostly negative point totals. We’ll see. And no problem @Monk! I think it adds a little excitement to each game. Thanks for participating, friend.
Feels like the incorrectly guessing maybe be -1 or -0.5 .. otherwise you're encouraged to guess low scoring games in fear of screwing yourself ;) :D

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Feels like the incorrectly guessing maybe be -1 or -0.5 .. otherwise you're encouraged to guess low scoring games in fear of screwing yourself ;) :D

Yeah, completely agree. I just changed it. From now on, if you guess an incorrect goal scorer it’ll be -1 point instead of -2! @Monk

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
CBJ - 3
COL - 2 (OT)

CBJ: Atkinson, Bjorkstrand, Foligno.
COL: Rantanen, Jost.

Last edited:

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
:cbj - 4
:avs - 2

Panarin, Dubois, Jones, Letestu

Mackinnon, Jost

(side note, you should post the GDT lineup so it's easy to get players names in this thread)

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Guys, Please post who you think will score for Colorado or else your prediction won’t be valid.

Had to go back to GDT thread to see who the heck is on Colorado. Didn't want to do Mackinnon 4x...:D. It was an intentional icing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad