Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Cc8ug99W4AAnjud.jpg:large

Cc9XQZMWwAArUhN.jpg:large

[NHL]2015020150-X-a[/NHL]
[NHL]899661[/NHL]

Tonight's Officials

Referees Brad Watson (23), Dan O'Rourke (9)
Linesmen Tim Nowak (77), Tony Sericolo (84)

Ntl. Anthem Ghaleb

:amazed:

AGAINST THE BRUINS

Tonight's game marks the 86th meeting between the two teams with Florida posting a 34-39-6-6 record all-time against the Bruins. The Panthers own a 16-18-2-5 home record against Boston. Tonight marks the third of four regular season meetings between the two Atlantic Division clubs and the last in South Florida. The Panthers and Bruins will meet again on March 24 at TD Garden. Florida has won two of its last three home games against Boston (2-1-0).

STREAKS: Florida has lost its last two games to Boston dating back to Oct. 30, 2015 (3-1 L)...Both of Florida's losses to Boston this season have had final scores of 3-1.

LAST GAME: On Dec. 12, 2015, the Panthers fell 3-1 to the Bruins at TD Garden.nFormer Bruin Reilly Smith scored the Panthers lone goal in the contest as Roberto Luongo made 22 saves.

TONIGHT’S GAME

- The Bruins visit the Panthers tonight in the 3rd of 4 games between these teams this season and the 2nd of 2 this season at BB&T Center … The Bruins are 36-23-7 overall and are 21-7-4 on the road … They are 14-8-2 vs. Atlantic Division teams and are 26-12-4 vs. Eastern Conference opponents.

- The Bruins are playing game 2 tonight of their 10th of 12 sets of 3-games-in-4-nights … They enter tonight’s game 4-3-3 in the 1st game, 4-3-2 in the 2nd and 5-3-0 in game 3s.

- The Bruins open tonight their 9th of 11 sets of back-to-back games this season … They are 5-2-1 in the 1st games and 4-3-1 in the 2nd games so far.

BOSTON vs FLORIDA, LIFETIME SERIES

- The Bruins and Panthers are meeting for the 86th time in their franchise histories with the Bruins having a 45-29-6-5 record and 243-210 scoring edge in those games.

- The Bruins are 23-14-2-2 in their 41 road games of this lifetime series with a 119-115 scoring advantage in those contests.

- The Bruins are 12-1-1 in their last 15 games vs. the Panthers, including 3-1 wins each Oct. 30 in Florida and Dec. 12 in Boston in the 1st 2 games of this season’s series, with their lone regulation loss in that span a 4-2 road setback on Apr. 9, 2015 … They are 18-3-1 in their last 22 games overall vs. Florida and they are 9-2-1 in their last 12 visits to Sunrise.

https://link.nhl.com/static/gamenotes/public/20152016/[email protected]?1457355774000

Last edited:

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
A must see big mac video with habs fans and Chara.

It made me LOL.:laugh:

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
A must see big mac video with habs fans and Chara.

It made me LOL.:laugh:

Love the video. Confession: I'd hug Pacioretty for a Qdoba burrito, but not for anything from McDonalds.

Chara was absent from practice, but Clode says he's expecting him to play tonight. Is it twin time yet?

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Follow

Shawn Hutcheon
‏@ShawnHutcheon
Just learned that Zdeno Chara's wife gave birth to twin boys yesterday. He will join #NHLBruins today in FLA.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Follow

Shawn Hutcheon
‏@ShawnHutcheon
Just learned that Zdeno Chara's wife gave birth to twin boys yesterday. He will join #NHLBruins today in FLA.

Now he has a good reason to be tired.

Congrats Big Z !!!!

Last edited:

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Was away in Cancun for the last week so I missed the last few games and Acciari debut. Seemed like he did play very well on the 4th line. Seems like a huge upgrade over useless Joonas.

Can't wait for tonight to see the post deadline Bruins for the first time and all the new comers: Liles, Stempniak, Acciari.

Boston BROin

Marchand makes u mad
Feb 29, 2008
NYC
Follow

Shawn Hutcheon
‏@ShawnHutcheon

Phew! It's good news. I just saw on Yahoo that Chara is day to day. I came here immediately to find out what was up. Congrats big Z!

Have to crush this Florida team tonight. Should have a playoff atmosphere. Any distance that the Bruins can make between them and the 8th/9th spot is good. The one team I'm really worried about is Philly. They are something like 8 points back, but they have 2 games in hand. Plus they've been playing good hockey lately.

The Bruins have a bit of their swagger back. Keep it going.

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
Hopefully Tampa give us some help tonight by disposing of the Flyers. I'm sure we'll take care of business.

Nice thread by the way, as per.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I'll tell you Susan when my twins were born I had never ever been that exhausted before or since.

I guarantee you the Bride was even more exhausted. Just saying :nod::D

When my mother had us my father's joke was she had a litter. For some reason she failed to see the humor in it......:laugh:

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Was away in Cancun for the last week so I missed the last few games and Acciari debut. Seemed like he did play very well on the 4th line. Seems like a huge upgrade over useless Joonas.

Can't wait for tonight to see the post deadline Bruins for the first time and all the new comers: Liles, Stempniak, Acciari.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

The Bruins now have 4 legit lines and a better defense, although K. Miller did not make the trip thanks to Ovechkin.

NiftyWasNasty

Nasty in a good way
Dec 29, 2014
Hopefully Tampa give us some help tonight by disposing of the Flyers. I'm sure we'll take care of business.

Nice thread by the way, as per.

I would rather see Tampa lose...I want the Bruins to win the division...

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
I would rather see Tampa lose...I want the Bruins to win the division...

Likewise, but that would the cherry on the cake. If the Flyers keep winning there may not be a cake at all. I just checked out their schedule and they have Tampa x2, Panthers and Wings in the next 4. The wild card race is getting hot

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
That is hilarious, thanks for posting. I like the one guy who practically wet his pants. Chara is very intimidating when you see him up close. :laugh:

I like the 2 guys that look like they're actually enjoying the hug, and when Chara says to the girls "Say Go Boston".:laugh:

...and yes, he is soooo tall and intimidating for sure. I wouldn't want to get him mad.:shakehead

BsEuphoria

The Future
Sep 21, 2013
On the road again!

At least get 1 of the next 2. I expect a pretty damn good effort tonight after the adversity they faced last game. Make a statement!

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Follow

Shawn Hutcheon
‏@ShawnHutcheon

Congrats Big Z.

...twin baby Z's. I wonder how tall they were at birth?:laugh:

Strange Universe

Apr 8, 2009
Follow

Shawn Hutcheon
‏@ShawnHutcheon

Congrats Mr and Mrs Chara....wishing them a beautiful life....

I will predict that one baby meausres 3'5'' and the other 3'4''......:laugh:

Now that the twins are born all the Chara trade talks will resurface again.....:D

My prediction will 5-2 B's because they will want to win it for Big Z and K.Miller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad