GDT: 3/5/13 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ New Jersey

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
We are back to last year, hoping for Stamkos to score goals or points without caring if we win or not. Not that we don't care for winning but we are pleased with Stamkos scoring. I hope this team turns it around but a Seth Jones/Hedman pairing would be nice.

Along with hoping Stamkos gets points, I am also hoping Conacher does as well. Would be nice to see him add a Calder to his Calder.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Stamkos is great don't get me wrong. His production level this year does not go in hand with his play. Something is missing maybe he is trying to hard or he is feeling pressured to perform with his team failing this season. The scary part is that he just turned 23 and still can get better and I believe he will. He has that kind of work ethic. The other problem is that this condensed season is exposing his weaknesses even more and that just not only applies to Stammer but the whole team as well. Just look at Lindback, Brewer, Purcell, Malone, Carle etc... While this might not be the year, I believe next year will be a different story. But hey, there are 26 games left and anything can happen in a shortened season playing in a bad division. This team is young and inexperienced in certain areas (even Stamkos is still young) and maybe we are expecting too much out of them.

Actually I am agreeing with you. He is trying to do too much, I'm actually not that upset because I didn't feel they were going to do well this year. I led the charge of letting some of the kids play. The veterans on the other hand ????? I think Yzerman has over estimated the veterans on this team. We seem to knock Boucher but he doesn't play the games. He is saddled with plenty of well past their prime veterans.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Along with hoping Stamkos gets points, I am also hoping Conacher does as well. Would be nice to see him add a Calder to his Calder.

It will be hard for Conacher because he gets next to nothing in power play time, and Boucher seems to keep going with the vets when we pull the goalie late in the game. He's has got outstanding raw offensive talent so I hope he gets the opportunities.

jg39

SFY is great
Aug 16, 2007
NC
Well, if there's a goalie to get points on, it's Hedberg. He'll be facing his semi-name sake "Lindberg," so I'm sure both teams are liking the goalie matchup. Moose is NJ's Lindback this season.

1 point would do tonight...another 0fer road trip would suck. Any points tonight would be big, because our next 5 games are definitely against beatable teams (except Montreal):

vs. Wpg
vs. Mtl
@ Fla
vs. NYI
vs. Car

We could really get something rolling if we extract our heads from our collective ass.

Prediction? 17-6, Jaguars. Gabbert throws for 2 touchdowns, no INTs. Blind optimism in the face of awful results is how us Jaguars fans live, so let's try that tonight...

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
I didn't read through the GDT for yesterday but did anyone else love the way labrie played? He looked like a wrecking ball out there and had a few decent plays.

Ders confirmed?

Anyways I'm guessing a loss. Kovi with a shorty again.

Labrie was great last night.

Another loss tonight, I suspect.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Though he was rusty (even more so) earlier in the season, Stammer's D looked better to me. I thought he had taken step forward in becoming more complete player.

Agree that he needs to work on the dot hard next season, 46% ain't cutting it. Especially as he tends to lose those critical draws.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
It will be hard for Conacher because he gets next to nothing in power play time, and Boucher seems to keep going with the vets when we pull the goalie late in the game. He's has got outstanding raw offensive talent so I hope he gets the opportunities.

Seriously, how is CARLE on every single god damn time we have an empty net, to make matters worse he plays the entire time too, he's got the weakest shot on the entire team, bar none the weakest hands on the team, and very little hockey sense to boot yet the guy is averaging the most ice time on this team.

23:21 TOI/G, 3:09 PP/G is just sad, well at least we're making him earn that big fat paycheck.

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
MgNacyu.png

So there is only 1 other team in the league that does not have more points than us in the last 10 games. The Lightning have 6 points in the standings in the last 10 games (3 wins).

By my count, the Panthers have 7 (2 wins, 3 OTL) but the Devils have 6 (2 wins, 2 OTL). The Devils are a great opportunity for a confidence boost.

Without Brodeur, this could be the game we need to turn the season around.

Last edited:

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
MgNacyu.png

So there is only 1 other team in the league that does not have more points than us in the last 10 games. The Lightning have 6 points in the standings in the last 10 games (3 wins).

By my count, the Panthers have 7 (2 wins, 3 OTL) but the Devils have 6 (2 wins, 2 OTL).

Without Brodeur, this could actually be the game we need to turn the season around.
For whatever reason we always suck against them, though. We have lost four of our last five games against the Devils.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Does that mean Janssen and Barch are both in the lineup? That could make things a bit interesting.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
Chico says to shut down Stamkos is priority #1. I think most teams realize that you can try, but it doesn't matter if he scores really. Just focus on keeping our ****-bag second line off the board. Stamkos will get his 1-2points and finish the night -1. The Bolts will lose and you're on your way to the next game with 2 points.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad