GDT: 3/4/24 hawk @ avs 8pm Nbc sports Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
Not sure what you expect the staff or the players to do when the have a team that should be in a different league than the majority of NHL teams.

They have had useful games, and it would be a bit different if they didn't lose 3 or 4 of their top players for the season. At this point, people should expect us to lose almost every game, and getting blown out by Cup contenders. Silly to think it should be any different.
I can't recall many teams in the cap era that have completely wasted so many shifts for so many young players as this coaching staff and gm have. There were alot of brutal teams. This is the cream of the crap.

Bad design since they won the lotto. Worse design keeping Richardson around this long.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Looks to me like some people are coming to the realization of what constitutes a proper rebuild... and it seems they want the org to join them in panicking.
Last I looked, only Bedard, Kurashev, KK and Vlasic are the young guys with potential who are here now. It's going to take a helluva lot more than that before this team can claw back into respectability. As I said before, fingers crossed that the draft picks can pan out, otherwise this 5-year rebuild is fiction.

Reactions: statswatcher

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I can't recall many teams in the cap era that have completely wasted so many shifts for so many young players as this coaching staff and gm have. There were alot of brutal teams. This is the cream of the crap.

Bad design since they won the lotto. Worse design keeping Richardson around this long.
Bring in the best coach in the league, and this team is still garbage. This might be the worst team of the cap Era from top to bottom.

I don't get where you are getting this wasted shifts thing from. No shift in the NHL for a young kid is a wasted shift. Nobody planned for there to be this little of talent here.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Looks to me like some people are coming to the realization of what constitutes a proper rebuild... and it seems they want the org to join them in panicking.
Last I looked, only Bedard, Kurashev, KK and Vlasic are the young guys with potential who are here now. It's going to take a helluva lot more than that before this team can claw back into respectability. As I said before, fingers crossed that the draft picks can pan out, otherwise this 5-year rebuild is fiction.
Well said, Bedard ain't going anywhere fellas, unless you're worried he's gonna bolt to the KHL when his ELC is up, he's here for a while, and probably will sign an eight year extension like most hockey players do. Finishing in 12th isn't gonna mean much. The Hawks need to continue to build up their prospect pool in this upcoming and likely next year's draft. That's the most likely way to achieve meaningful success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad