GDT: 3/3/21 Wild @ Knights 7 p.m. Delicious Cake Edition

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Dansk still isn't a good goalie. Vegas really needs to find a young one that isn't complete ass.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Dansk still isn't a good goalie. Vegas really needs to find a young one that isn't complete ass.

With what dollars? Plus this organization has zero patience for youth and their inevitable mistakes. They so badly needed MAF to take games off so getting 2 points is mission accomplished.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
It's dubious to say this this season, but this is the latest in a season VGK has led the league in PPG.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
That was so embarrassing for Dansk. Don’t like what that could do for his confidence. We would be ripping Subban if he lost a game after giving up a goal like that.

Dansk got tested a lot more than I was hoping for, especially with Coghlan out of the lineup.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Except for Tuch (who's really a first/second liner) very true.

Tuch had to play with crap linemates for so long. But extending Carrier and Reaves and saying we as a top contender still don't believe we can put together a dangerous fourth line is a joke. And look Hague and Whitecloud are perfectly fine bottom pairing players with upside yet they still have no patience or trust in rookies. And they doubled down on it by signing PDB who eats rookies for breakfast.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Tuch had to play with crap linemates for so long. But extending Carrier and Reaves and saying we as a top contender still don't believe we can put together a dangerous fourth line is a joke. And look Hague and Whitecloud are perfectly fine bottom pairing players with upside yet they still have no patience or trust in rookies. And they doubled down on it by signing PDB who eats rookies for breakfast.
Hague still has a lot of edges to hone. Still way too many giveaways. Whitecloud is a good partner for him because he can mitigate the damage. Hague and Coghlan were a disaster.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Except for Tuch (who's really a first/second liner) very true.

I don't see how it's true at all.

Better third line than we've had ever and the same fourth line and bottom pair we've had the last season or two when we were contenders. Possibly a bit better on both with Kolesar a capable fourth liner addition and Hague playing better at least than Engelland the last few seasons.

Even if the fourth line is actually playing worse this season, can't fault management for keeping them to start the season when they were being lauded as one of the league's top fourth lines.

Also, we're 15-4-1 with the third best points pct. in the league, right with the defending Cup Champions, over a third into the season.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
Hague still has a lot of edges to hone. Still way too many giveaways. Whitecloud is a good partner for him because he can mitigate the damage. Hague and Coghlan were a disaster.

Hague sometimes plays like he's afraid to make a mistake. At times the NHL is too fast for him. Needs to be a bit more instinctual, but he's fine as a third pairing guy right now.

Whitecloud is a revelation. It's a cap league and to have someone like him for $700,000 really helps out.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019

Better third line than we've had ever and the same fourth line and bottom pair we've had the last season or two when we were contenders. Possibly a bit better on both with Kolesar a capable fourth liner addition and Hague playing better at least than Engelland the last few seasons.

Even if the fourth line is actually playing worse this season, can't fault management for keeping them to start the season when they were being lauded as one of the league's top fourth lines.

Also, we're 15-4-1 with the third best winning pct. in the league, right with the defending Cup Champions, over a third into the season.

We really haven't looked very sharp recently - better tonight but SJ goaltending and defense suck. We don't finish well, passing isn't crisp and for a puck possession team we haven't been possessing the puck enough. We're 15-4-1 because Fleury rediscovered the Fountain of Youth.

Not really worried since it's how you finish not how you start and I think a lot of this will improve by the playoffs which is the name of the game. But except for Tuch we're getting very little from the bottom 6. What'll kill us in the playoffs is the power play if it doesn't improve. It's awful.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016

Also, we're 15-4-1 with the third best points pct. in the league, right with the defending Cup Champions, over a third into the season.

Regular season means so little. I don't like how this team is structured for a playoff run, feels like a repeat of last season is too probable. Now may if Glass and Tuch are rolling they have a better chance to get the secondary scoring they need, but this is a black hole on the fourth line that gets plaudits for keeping the puck in the zone but doing little with it.

The other contenders are dealing with injuries but getting themselves better prepared because of it. Once you feel comfortable with being in the playoffs it's a good time to develop depth and use some youth that inevitably will need to come up. Getting Coghlan was good, using Hague a lot is helpful. Mcnabb is going to mess them up I fear. And for goodness sakes it shouldn't have taken this long to give MAF a night off

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Regular season means so little. I don't like how this team is structured for a playoff run, feels like a repeat of last season is too probable. Now may if Glass and Tuch are rolling they have a better chance to get the secondary scoring they need, but this is a black hole on the fourth line that gets plaudits for keeping the puck in the zone but doing little with it.

The other contenders are dealing with injuries but getting themselves better prepared because of it. Once you feel comfortable with being in the playoffs it's a good time to develop depth and use some youth that inevitably will need to come up. Getting Coghlan was good, using Hague a lot is helpful. Mcnabb is going to mess them up I fear. And for goodness sakes it shouldn't have taken this long to give MAF a night off

I feel good about how this team is built if the fourth line plays as well as they are capable or if they show the courage to bench one or two of the veterans on that line if they continue to disappoint.

Our defense is pretty solid. Pietrangelo has been fine but I expect he will earn the lion's share of his pay in the playoffs and I'm not worried about it. Theodore, Martinez, McNabb, Whitecloud can play playoff hockey well. Hague it will be seen.

The third line with Tuch, Glass and Roy looks like a good line. The only worries I could have is Stephenson at 2C and getting Smith going so that line can be more dangerous.

But I'm not really afraid of our division or the north division in the playoffs. Obviously the Lightning are heavy but I don't think the Hurricanes or Bruins or Capitals are more ready than us.

Possibly a Staal trade or something at the deadline if they're worried but I feel good with what we have right now.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
I feel good about how this team is built if the fourth line plays as well as they are capable or if they show the courage to bench one or two of the veterans on that line if they continue to disappoint.

Our defense is pretty solid. Pietrangelo has been fine but I expect he will earn the lion's share of his pay in the playoffs and I'm not worried about it. Theodore, Martinez, McNabb, Whitecloud can play playoff hockey well. Hague it will be seen.

The third line with Tuch, Glass and Roy looks like a good line. The only worries I could have is Stephenson at 2C and getting Smith going so that line can be more dangerous.

But I'm not really afraid of our division or the north division in the playoffs. Obviously the Lightning are heavy but I don't think the Hurricanes or Bruins or Capitals are more ready than us.

Possibly a Staal trade or something at the deadline if they're worried but I feel good with what we have right now.

You really don't worry about the Avs? If they are healthy, such a big if, they are without a doubt the team to beat. It's hockey so anyone can win a series but I'd worry more about them than the other division teams.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
You really don't worry about the Avs? If they are healthy, such a big if, they are without a doubt the team to beat. It's hockey so anyone can win a series but I'd worry more about them than the other division teams.

They've looked beatable by us regardless of who is playing. If we're talking about questionable bottom of a roster, Colorado has it more than us.

We were at 20% on the PP and about 88% on the PK before this game, and have a few goals right as the power play expired on top of that this season, we have shown fight back in tough situations multiple times this season already. We look like contenders more than anyone except the Lightning so far. Even they have had their moments.

The team isn't perfect but no one is and I'm encouraged so far.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
With what dollars? Plus this organization has zero patience for youth and their inevitable mistakes. They so badly needed MAF to take games off so getting 2 points is mission accomplished.

Drafting one mostly. I wanted them to take Levi last draft.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
As long as Fleury stays healthy the goalie situation is the best we’ve ever had. Normally we have the goalie issues when the backup plays. Now it’s when the 3rd string goalie plays. Just need Lehner to come back soon and win us some games. BUT I have no idea when Lehner will come back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad