Injury Report: 3/26 Mueller + Hertl

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
Do we even have 18 skaters (assuming both are injured) for Philly? This means Scott and Hannan are regulars now...

DystopianTierney

V^V^V 2050 V^V^V
May 3, 2014
Campbell, CA
Hmmm... "Thumb injured, Arm in sling"? Is that code for the tank needs more Irwin/Hannan? :sarcasm:

Hope Mueller isn't out long. Was looking forward to seeing him get some heavy minutes to end the season.

Scary cut for Hertl. :phew:

Hangemhigh

Dec 20, 2013
didn't Mueller have some kind of wrist earlier? Maybe also his shoulder now?
Maybe his body is still growing and not NHL ready?
He probably needs 20-40lbs of more muscle just to avoid injuries.

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento

Mirco has actually held up a lot better than I thought he would. He obviously got a lot of rest, but he hasn't played soft. He looked like a baby giraffe last year. I thought he was going to get killed.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario

Adding more muscle probably will not help him avoid injuries.

But to help him more at being an every day nhl defenseman he could and should put on another 20 lbs. That would make him 6'3 205 lbs. Which is a good size for a defenseman, but it is going to take him 2-3 years of nhl trained offseasons for him to reach that size.

Satastic

Nazi punks **** off
Sep 12, 2014
Riverbank, CA
Mirco has actually held up a lot better than I thought he would. He obviously got a lot of rest, but he hasn't played soft. He looked like a baby giraffe last year. I thought he was going to get killed.

Yeah I agree with you there, he's been a lot more feisty than I would have expected. It's something I wasn't expecting from him, but love

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
It does seem that as the season has gone on, teams have figured out how to exploit him.

tahoesharksfan

Old-Timer
Apr 29, 2014
The Lake
Toemash is really getting an introduction to the potential side effects of playing the game this season.

Between last night's skate to the face and the puck Cooter hit him with earlier in the season he's acquired some nice "hockey player" markings...

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Kurz' headline: Mueller out indefinitely

Do have to wonder if they'll call up D man. Fedun? Tennyson?

With back to back games I'd imagine they'll call someone up.

Hopefully it's Tennyson and they go back to:
Vlasic-Braun
Dillon-Tennyson
Irwin-Burns

That group was actually quite good for the 7 or 8 games they got to play together.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Listening to McLellan, no one will be recalled for Saturday's game. (IOW Hannan back in.)

But they will evaluate and determine if someone else needs to be recalled for Sunday's game in Pittsburgh.

Have to think that with the team off Monday, and practice Tuesday, there will be time for further (medical) evaluation of Mueller. So, there might be a recall for Wednesday as well. (Perhaps for the rest of the season)

Boy Hedican

Homer Jr, friends call me Ho-Ju
Jul 12, 2006
Earff
Adding more muscle probably will not help him avoid injuries.

Maybe not for an injury like this one, but over all adding muscle will definitely help avoid injuries. Most joint related injuries can be reduced with muscle growth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad