GDT: 3/24/17 | Wild vs. Philly | 7PM CT / 2AM Suomi | FSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I think the flyers and flames just play well against us. We just don't match up well against these teams. Same could be said for the blue jackets
But we've been this way for the most part for 3 weeks now. Teams that have picked up their play at the right time (including the Blues) are going to be drooling to get us in the postseason. We don't look scary anymore at all.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Completely embarrassing. One of the lower ranked defenses made our forwards their bit**es tonight. First round exit if they can't get their @#$! together in a hurry.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
We might be the most enticing opponent there has been going into the playoffs the past few years.

We don't look dangerous at all offensively. Mostly reverted to trying to bang on in through tons of traffic out front.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Why did Koivu circle behind the net? WTF. Is he gonna do from there? I see a team that loses puck battles. I don't know if we simply aren't that good, or if we don't want it enough. There is no way that Granlund and Zucker should be our best board players amongst our forwards. Coyle and Nino ought to be ashamed of themselves. Staal, Koivu...I dunno about this Hanzal guy....don't see a lot of skill there.

I don't see anyone in front of the other team's net getting deflections and garbage goals. Oh, and hit the ****ing net on breakaways.

Oh, and Haula? When it's your man, stick with him! That means body to body. Don't wave your stick at him.

Dumba, when you get the puck in traffic right in front of your net don't start to stickhandle! Just bat the ****ing thing away!

I'm very disturbed by that lack of commitment by most of the forwards. Zucker and Granlund stick out like sore thumbs with their effort levels. Koivu looks like he is too tired to play...well, ya know what Mikko, suck it up. Lead the team, ****er! You're the goddamn Captain, you're getting a shot load of money to play a game, and if you don't start trying hard like right now you are NEVER going to win a Stanley Cup. Maybe it's not a big deal to you? Maybe you want to go to Europe and win a ****ing World Championship while all the players who still give a **** are sweating and bleeding back here.

This team is going nowhere if they play like this. PHI is a mediocre team playing on the road, and they outworked us, and beat us. This has happened too many times lately. This team looks like they're tired, and that they don't want to play deep into the spring. I don't even know what sort of team we are any more. A semi talented team that doesn't try hard? A team that is lead by a bunch of tired old guys? An inconsistent group with a "just happy to be here" mentality?

I see very little passion, sacrifice, or ingenuity.

Bah!

Last edited:

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
9ReRvb8.png

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Wild are soft, they get hit and they wilt.

The announcers got annoying, someone touched a Wild player it should be a penalty. Hockey is a contact sport, boohoo there was a tussle at the net after a whistle. Game was reffed pretty well/evenly tonight.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
We might be the most enticing opponent there has been going into the playoffs the past few years.

We don't look dangerous at all offensively. Mostly reverted to trying to bang on in through tons of traffic out front.
The Preds and Blues are drooling over it. The Blues are on a roll at the right time and firing on all cylinders. Add the extra incentive with Yeo, and they will kill us. And the Preds....they would love to take a shot at us for obvious reasons. I know that some keep saying the playoffs are different and that this isn't a concern since we're guaranteed a spot already. But it doesn't matter. The Wild can't play like crap the rest of the way, and then wake up the first morning of the postseason and suddenly start playing like studs. It doesn't work that way. Right now, they will hit a freaking wall by facing a team that is confident with momentum.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
They're saying the right things. Problem is that they've been saying this for weeks without backing up those words.

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
Maybe its not the best time, but ho has been your best player/players during this slump? I like your team as a caps fan but have no time lately and can't catch your game. Is everything fine with Nino? No goal in last +10 games.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Maybe its not the best time, but ho has been your best player/players during this slump? I like your team as a caps fan but have no time lately and can't catch your game. Is everything fine with Nino? No goal in last +10 games.

I'd have to say Staal. He broke out of his own slump and has been scoring. Nino's fine, although he is my favorite player so maybe I'm biased, i think he's just another extension of a team that is overall struggling right now.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Ben Clymer has really been growing on my as an analyst or whatever it is his job is called. I like his insights and he seems to really tell it like it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad