GDT: 3/24/17 | Wild vs. Philly | 7PM CT / 2AM Suomi | FSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
The only thing that Nino has going for him is that he isn't as bad as Coyle.

It's not like PHI is even good. Did anyone see Giroux or Simmonds tearing it up? NO, it was guys like Weal and Reed and Gudas, FFS.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
The only thing that Nino has going for him is that he isn't as bad as Coyle.

It's not like PHI is even good. Did anyone see Giroux or Simmonds tearing it up? NO, it was guys like Weal and Reed and Gudas, FFS.

Lol ... you've become so salty and jaded of late

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I'm pissed because this is the best team the Wild have ever had, but they're pissing away their chance for a Cup run. They look tired and timid. Just a sorry bunch of millionaire pucksters who seem content to lose.

Spurgeon, Granlund and Zucker are the only guys who give a ****.

Hall of Faber

Nov 16, 2012
Thorndale, PA
I'm pissed because this is the best team the Wild have ever had, but they're pissing away their chance for a Cup run. They look tired and timid. Just a sorry bunch of millionaire pucksters who seem content to lose.

Spurgeon, Granlund and Zucker are the only guys who give a ****.

Disclaimer: Foul Language

NotYou

Sep 21, 2014
They're saying the right things. Problem is that they've been saying this for weeks without backing up those words.

meh. Those are all completely meaningless chiches uttered by 3 guys who say the same thing in every loss.

The issue is that not a ton has actually changed since when we were winning. We are bad at getting out of the zone with possession and rely too much on converting on stretch passes. It's an exclamation mark for the hawks who tend to control the game. We've relied on the sizzle, not the steak. For the majority of the game our breakout was flip puck to center and change because we spent the whole shift in our zone. Like most of the year. We're way too passive in the dzone, and that starts with suter. Philly played well defensively. Guess what, that's how playoff games are played. If we can't force more chances results will be the same.

The team would be exactly the same with hanzal as without. I agree with ponying up for a player, but he hasn't done anything to improve the team. Enough of the damn defensive forwards.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
What's wrong with Coyle? He plays like he's stupid, or uncoordinated. Is he on meds and reacting to them ? Does he have an undiagnosed disease like MS? He looks like a guy with no hockey sense.

In general, with a few exceptions, the Wild look like a team that are happy to go to the rink, make their paycheck, and meekly go home early in the spring to spend time with their families. This does not look like a team that needs to win. Just a passionless bunch of wimps.

Vancouver is up next. It would not surprise me at all if we lose to that useless bunch of Tankers.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Koivu was dreadful on the faceoff dot tonight (21%). Schroeder was about useless overall, again.

Dumba had a good game, so did Granny and Zucker. Parise is playing consistently better the last handful of game.

Put those breakaways in the net, Zucker makes that wraparound goal, it's a different game. Lack of finish by the team again.

NotYou

Sep 21, 2014
Koivu was dreadful on the faceoff dot tonight (21%). Schroeder was about useless overall, again.

Dumba had a good game, so did Granny and Zucker. Parise is playing consistently better the last handful of game.

Put those breakaways in the net, Zucker makes that wraparound goal, it's a different game. Lack of finish by the team again.
Reads like a post that would've been written in the yeo era

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Our team sure picked a perfect time to let the air out of the tires.

My confidence in our playoff chances diminishes daily. We could have clinched a playoff berth tonight on the strength of a win.

nyrage

Aug 2, 2005
Houston, TX
I'm a Rangers fan, but I've watched almost every Wild game since December. This team hasn't looked right for way longer than they started losing. Lots of lackadaisical sloppy play on defense since about mid-January. It was masked by how well the team was playing offensively and Dubnyk in goal. Then Dubnyk's game got leaky making things worse.

St. Louis hasn't really been playing many tough teams, but I would be concerned about a first round match-up with them (Nashville not really). The Wild haven't been playing well for a long time and I'm not sure that you can turn it on just like that once the playoffs start.

Hopefully you guys find your game these next two weeks as you have several easy match-ups coming up.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
If they're doing the whole, coast into the playoffs thing, they're taking it way too far.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Great start, then looked that they felt it would do it. Before when playing well, the team kept going and slaughtered the opponent. Now looking just tired bunch of bureaucrats.

Zucker can't score, although looking good. Koivu's lost his legs and hands. Kaptin's just gliding there, leaning forwards and trying to reach the puck with his long stick. In most cases he is fumbling or failing. Looks like a bad Koivu from last year. They need some rest, booze and sauna. And tar. And booze. And sauna.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
Our team sure picked a perfect time to let the air out of the tires.

My confidence in our playoff chances diminishes daily. We could have clinched a playoff berth tonight on the strength of a win.

It has removed a lot of stress from watching the games.

Only good things can happen when you expect to lose, previously I was constantly worried that we would lose because I expected to win.

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
Damn, I missed this game as well (baby's been sleeping poorly, so I pretty much pass out after I get home from work :D). Sounds like I didn't miss much, though. Hope to hell they can get it together soon :scared:

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
another game another soft goal by dubnyk. hes reverting back to his avg joe oiler days. the refs didnt do us any favors , allowing schenn to check zucker 10 min after the play was over. (GRRRRR). however we beat ourselves by doing nothing on the PP. this team looks like a beaten dog. wheres the pride & passion? we have a good team on paper , we have arguably the best coach. maybe yeo wasnt the problem after all. if we are a first rnd exit heads must roll!

roon

Mar 1, 2012
Minnesota
So many turnovers. Guys with plenty of time blindly getting rid of the puck because they are scared and desperately want it out of their D-Zone. Just a mentally soft team with not a lot of leadership in that department.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Maybe the Wild just want go into the Playoffs as underdogs so there isn't any pressure on them come playoff time?

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Maybe the Wild just want go into the Playoffs as underdogs so there isn't any pressure on them come playoff time?

I say we throw every game from here on out to try and get that WC2 spot (probably not possible, I know) so we can demolish Chicago and get that monkey off our back. :yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad