GDT: 3/23/23 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Ottawa

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
I would rather the team look old and still able to prevent 5 or 6 or 7 against. The young guys are doing nothing. Hagel has been particularly bad this game.
Hagel was lazy on a few plays tonight but still takes the puck away from players like a mad man. He's been our 3rd best forward all year. Yes, I'd say he's been better than Killorn and Stamkos. Guy hustles his ass off. He's only getting better and like Bozo said, he's near the bottom of my list as well. I'm looking at our entire bottom 6 before I start on Hagel.

Stammertime91

Dec 13, 2011
Does anybody wanna join me in the fantasy where Coop said take it easy, don't risk injuries until playoffs and they're just coasting and taking beatings? I mean, I get that's not happening but just be nice and say it sounds good and we can collectively cope easier.

Reactions: JFleegs

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
Does anybody wanna join me in the fantasy where Coop said take it easy, don't risk injuries until playoffs and they're just coasting and taking beatings? I mean, I get that's not happening but just be nice and say it sounds good and we can collectively cope easier.
Fantasy?? Wait, you mean.......... OH NO!

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Hagel was lazy on a few plays tonight but still takes the puck away from players like a mad man. He's been our 3rd best forward all year. Yes, I'd say he's been better than Killorn and Stamkos. Guy hustles his ass off. He's only getting better and like Bozo said, he's near the bottom of my list as well. I'm looking at our entire bottom 6 before I start on Hagel.
So did Mathieu Joseph but the end result is about the same. Fast skating choking when it means the most. But to think he has been more important than Stammer or Killorn is a stretch.

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
On the plus side, it's looking more and more like Kuch's suspendable playoff meltdown is going to be absolutely epic.

Reactions: DFC

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Which doofus wants to sacrifice themselves to the mains and make a gloat thread so we can get outta this mess.

There's already a Tampa Bay hate boner thread there, right on schedule after playing a Canadian team. If we rack up enough of those we'll have some good karma heading into the playoffs.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
So did Mathieu Joseph but the end result is about the same. Fast skating choking when it means the most. But to think he has been more important than Stammer or Killorn is a stretch.
Hagel is twice, probably more, the player Joseph is. They're not even remotely comparable. Hagel can actually finish where as Joseph has virtually no consistent offensive ability. Hagel could easily be argued as the 3rd most important F this year, and no worse than 4th. Trying to make them seem comparable is hilarious.

Stammertime91

Dec 13, 2011
Lol. Hagel was rough to watch at the beginning but no way you're comparing him to Joseph after this season....

He's been more valuable than Killorn 100%. I'd say Stamkos too since when Stamkos isn't on the scoresheet, he's whiffing pucks and contributing to SHG against on the powerplay. Hagel has played his heart out.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Lol. Hagel was rough to watch at the beginning but no way you're comparing him to Joseph after this season....

He's been more valuable than Killorn 100%. I'd say Stamkos too since when Stamkos isn't on the scoresheet, he's whiffing pucks and contributing to SHG against on the powerplay. Hagel has played his heart out.

Weird to bring up Joseph too like our games are make or break because of a 4th liner. Joseph getting a breakaway that he created is one less shift you have to worry about your 4th line getting scored on.

OffBy1

Aug 5, 2021
Having only seen the condensed game highlights, I feel lucky about the rest of it I "missed out on". I may check the score before watching any more games this year until they get out of this funk (i.e. when next season starts).

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
It's getting pretty f***ing dire. It's one thing to lose to good teams but to be completely embarrassed by two teams who suck isn't a good look however you spin it.

I also hope we get a new backup for next season. We'll have to score 5+ every time Elliott is in net.

• Haha
Reactions: Alex1234

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007

You may want to revisit watching Gagel. His skating is 100% like Joseph, his getting knocked off the puck again is 100% like Joseph. He spends almost as much time on his butt as Joseph did when battling for a puck along the boards.

The reason Stammer is struggling right now is his going to the same spot for that slapper while other teams have adjusted to that and pretty much shut those down from him and Kuch. If Hagel is separated from Point and Kuch his scoring just dries up. Partner him with Cirelli and that line is dead they can’t even get the puck on net allowing Killorn to do his thing. When Stammer is on that line he uses Killer. It is impossible not to see this. If Hagel finished half the chances that Point and Kuch have provided him he would be well over 30g possibly knocking on the door for 40. Hagel also turns the puck over far too much usually in the neutral zone and more times than not turns in to an odd man rush’s. Now he’s. Not the only one doing this and it has made a struggling Vasi look bad. Jeannot is looking to be a disaster on the 3rd line he is slow and could well be the reason that Maroon was moved up last night Paul can slow his fame down to their speed. The 4th line is a disaster even scratching PEB has not helped. So many areas are problematic Coop has to try to fix one at a time. The problem is where these guys fit or don’t fit.

The on ice performance other than Point and Kuch since the AS break has been lacking and since the trade deadline it has been horrible. The two games against the Devils was reason to hope things were getting better especially the D. But they have lost to bottom feeders often they have been embarrassed a number of times including last night.

The bright spot in my mind is Toronto choking come playoff time. I do not expect a deep run but I really hope that they can adjust and send the Leafs out. There are going to have to be a few layers step up to get that done and Hagel is one of them.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Weird to bring up Joseph too like our games are make or break because of a 4th liner. Joseph getting a breakaway that he created is one less shift you have to worry about your 4th line getting scored on.
If you recall when Stammer missed all that time and Kuch was down as well Joseph spent a lot of time in the top 6. If he was 4th line all the time he would have been unnoticeable. But his play stands out from that section and Hagels game looks much like his well except missing short handed chances Joseph has to hold the team record for that.

SnakeIdol

Mar 3, 2018
We really can't judge Copper's lines until the playoffs. During the past few years the team has used parts of the regular season to improve different styles of their game. Let's be honest, after the sweep, regrouping and learning a new playing style is Cooper's greatest coaching performance.

The Good: I really like Sergachev on PP1.

The Bad: Everyone knows Paul and Cirelli need to swap lines. Analytics know it, JFB knows it, and everyone here knows it. That makes me think they're saving that one for when the real games start against Toronto.

The Ugly: The school bus line. Play Aceman!

Reactions: Renopucker

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad