GDT: 3/23/13 - 2:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Ottawa

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Neil did what he should have. Panik hit their guy from behind in a 4-0 game at the end of the period.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
LOL, I don't mind that Crombeen went after Kassian. That's not the problem. The problem is when the gloves actually come off, he's so incredibly flaccid. He gets manhandled and throws like 2 punches and then tries to hang on. It's soul-sucking. Gives Momentum to the other team.

It takes some serious balls to be the only enforcer on a team when you fight like Crombeen. His strategy of trying to knock out their fist with his chin is bold. Very bold.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
Stamkos doesn't need to be traded, jesus you're nuts.

He needs to have a Scotty Bowman to Yzerman type talk given to him though. He's atrocious with the puck and in his own end this season. This Stamkos has zero confidence and looks panicked all the time.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
LOL, I don't mind that Crombeen went after Kassian. That's not the problem. The problem is when the gloves actually come off, he's so incredibly flaccid. He gets manhandled and throws like 2 punches and then tries to hang on. It's soul-sucking. Gives Momentum to the other team.

Going toe-to-toe with Matt Kassian would have ended far worse.

Mr Underhill

Jan 25, 2007
St. Louis looked like he just didn't give a crap on that breakaway.

Stamkos is just whippin the puck all over the ice like an a-hole.

Hedman must be a -4 already.

Panik's hit was kinda dirty. Can't really fault someone like Neil taking a run. But where the hell is ANYONE from Tampa to get his back?

Say what you want about BJ always getting his ass kicked but at least he's got the f'in balls to throw hands. Unlike the rest of these *******.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Lol Sportsnet saying that you could explore trading St-Louis, I think it is stupid, what do you guys think? maybe I'm wrong..

TBLHoser

Jul 2, 2009
Sunshine State
Sad part is Beener is not even the best fighter on this team....in fact, he gets beat up all the time. Nobody on this team have any cahones? (Sorry - can I use that word)?

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
6eh1dWd.jpg

Garon wasn't playing that badly, IMO, although the second goal was pretty soft. Another first goal for a player.

Something that I don't like is that this team doesn't have a lot of confidence and they're going to be in a division that gets a lot of media coverage that speculate like crazy.

BL, you can use cahones.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
We all know Stamkos isn't THIS bad with the puck and defensively. This season is definitely an outlier when looking at the rest of his career. The problem with this team is coaching. Players never see the same face next to them on two straight shifts, the defensive scheme is completely broken, there is no accountability, no 'we' mentality. There are far more problems than Stamkos having a bad year defensively during a shortened season. Trading Stamkos would be a huge over-reaction and a serious blow to the entire organization. Why would any star player ever want to come here ever again if we sell off a top-3 player in the league because of one bad year?

Mr Underhill

Jan 25, 2007
Complaining about Crombeen getting his ass kicked all the time is the last thing anyone needs to be talking about.

At least the dude has the balls to drop them and get punched in the face. That's more than most of these other ****** have to say.

Last edited by a moderator:

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
Going toe-to-toe with Matt Kassian would have ended far worse.

Doesn't matter who Crombeen fights, that's my point. Of course he'd get his head handed to him by someone like Kassian. He just looks so heartless when he fights, lol. This team isn't a family, that's the difference between here and Syracuse. Every single player, whether they're a call up or a team vet is family in Syracuse. They fight angry when they drop the gloves too and they throw fists with ill intent. Crombeen throws them because it's a "job".

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Doesn't matter who Crombeen fights, that's my point. Of course he'd get his head handed to him by someone like Kassian. He just looks so heartless when he fights, lol. This team isn't a family, that's the difference between here and Syracuse. Every single player, whether they're a call up or a team vet is family in Syracuse. They fight angry when they drop the gloves too and they throw fists with ill intent. Crombeen throws them because it's a "job".

I understand what you're getting at, but the guy doesn't have to fight as much as he does. What bothers me is that the team doesn't seem to appreciate his willingness, and that's a shame.

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
Tampa has had a significant lack of toughness probably since 04. They bring in these guys like Konopka and Downie and Crombeen who are totally ineffective.

Fights can boost a team but they can bring them right back down too.

They need a guy who can protect the kids on this team.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Does anyone think that Guy's message is no longer getting to the team. Good coach or bad when the team isn't receiving the message anymore it is time to cut loose.

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
Did anyone see Carle let the puck passed the blue line (again) and give up a 2-on-1 shorthanded chance!

So good!

AllAbout813

Oct 8, 2007
Tampa, FL
Pretty sure this is the point of the season where you can say they have officially mailed it in. Higher the pick the better. Not many more games of this mess left. I honestly think a coaching switch up would be the best bet though. I like Guy a lot, but sometimes something (other than the players - we've seen enough change with them all season) needs to change..

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
Does anyone think that Guy's message is no longer getting to the team. Good coach or bad when the team isn't receiving the message anymore it is time to cut loose.

It isn't getting through to anyone. The callups are playing on Cooper's coaching, that's why they look so good in comparison to the Bolts vets.

TBLHoser

Jul 2, 2009
Sunshine State

Despite what Stammer or the Chief say about mixing up the lines - I don't think the players really believe that crap anymore - they're towing the company line publicly.

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010

So is Boucher putting the same power play unit on the ice (26, 91, 25, 16, ..) and expecting better results.

Carle can't keep the puck in. Stamkos and St. Louis turn the puck over. Purcell can't control the puck and is useless until a shot is put on goal (which rarely happens).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad